TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fully equipped Shelby GT price......

dgs113

I just ordered another GT. Another local dealer called me back and offered a much lower mark up than my original dealer. He had a price sheet print out and it showed the 54U price at around $2140. He wasn't final on the total price but thought MSRP around $31K - $32K. This seemed low to me, but what else could that 54U price mean? He also acknowledged that their GT 500 mark up was about 3 times what he quoted me on the GT and that he had another unsold one due in soon.

The 54U is just an upfitters package. It does nothing to make it a Shelby. It puts on a CS package and 3.55 axle. the MSRP is 31-32k before Shelby does thier magic. The Shelby $ has not been finalized. Think about it aCS is 31-32 MSRP, how are you going to get the CS with a Shelby upgrade that includes FR Power Pack, FR Handling Pack, Badging, etc for the price of a CS? Make an educated, informed decision.

The 54U is just an upfitters package. It does nothing to make it a Shelby. It puts on a CS package and 3.55 axle. the MSRP is 31-32k before Shelby does thier magic. The Shelby $ has not been finalized. Think about it aCS is 31-32 MSRP, how are you going to get the CS with a Shelby upgrade that includes FR Power Pack, FR Handling Pack, Badging, etc for the price of a CS? Make an educated, informed decision.

My bad :finger:

MM is in the know, He just ordered one.

Rob

The 54 U is the code for the uplifters package that puts the shelby stuff on the GT to make it a Shelby. How did you back out of the 1st deal so quick. Are you not putting money down and signing a contract. I advise you do so the 2nd dealer doesn't do what you JUST DID to the 1st dealer. Contracts work both ways, they protect, but they must be tight.

Rob.

Both dealers took refundable deposits. One dealer will cash the check, the other is just holding it. They were both comfortable that they would find other buyers if I back out. The reality is I have still not driven the car and need an easy out if I am not happy with it. Also, they are assuming the mark up will be justified by the marketplace which may or may not be right so I need room to renegotiate if the ADM is out of line at delivery time. Both dealers are putting the ADM in writing. Has anyone heard from Amy B as to the 54U pricing not being inclusive of the work to be done in Las Vegas?

Both dealers took refundable deposits. One dealer will cash the check, the other is just holding it. They were both comfortable that they would find other buyers if I back out. The reality is I have still not driven the car and need an easy out if I am not happy with it. Also, they are assuming the mark up will be justified by the marketplace which may or may not be right so I need room to renegotiate if the ADM is out of line at delivery time. Both dealers are putting the ADM in writing. Has anyone heard from Amy B as to the 54U pricing not being inclusive of the work to be done in Las Vegas?

Calling MASTERMECH,

Help this guy. You just bought one of these cars. He's the man in the know.

Mastersmech1 what color did you order. Do the black shelby gts only come with black rims. Do you know if the aluminum 18 polished wheels are an option like on the whitecars. Thanks for any info you can share. Sal

You can only get the black rims on the black car. I have a customer that wants to order a black and wants the polished so we are just going to switch the rims out when the car gets in.

You can only get the black rims on the black car. I have a customer that wants to order a black and wants the polished so we are just going to switch the rims out when the car gets in.

Welcome Fordsalesguy,

Glad your here. We need you Ford dealer guys to give us the real poop on these cars. Were are ya from?

Newport News VA

I sold mastersmech1 his GT500 and did his order for his Shelby GT

Very cool. Is there any way you could pull some strings with the big boys to get me a VIN#.

It would really be appreciated. That is all I want. Oh one other thing, rpretzel wants his VIN# also.

Now if you could just do those 2 little favors, for us, we will be very nice to you. Deal ? :hyper:

Very cool. Is there any way you could pull some strings with the big boys to get me a VIN#.

It would really be appreciated. That is all I want. Oh one other thing, rpretzel wants his VIN# also.

Now if you could just do those 2 little favors, for us, we will be very nice to you. Deal ? :hyper:

LOL I don't know if I can get VIN#s for cars that weren't ordered from my dealership. I can call my Ford rep on monday and see if it is possible.

LOL I don't know if I can get VIN#s for cars that weren't ordered from my dealership. I can call my Ford rep on monday and see if it is possible.

You are very nice to offer that. It would not do any good, but thank you.

How long have you been working at the dealership ?

FWIW, guys, I'm just blasting in now. I heard around $35k for the Shelby GT- don't know if that was posted here. By the way, MM, no 'vert for this year, maybe in '08- heard that from the source, but remember, that's a maybe.... maybe.

See? There is still hope for me....either an '08 '500 'vert (probably Alloy/black/black, HIDs, interior u/g) or a Shelby GT 'vert, no decision on black or white, I like them both, loaded up, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr a GT 350 if they get to making one. Down to 3 options...the wait is the killer .... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :headspin:

FWIW, guys, I'm just blasting in now. I heard around $35k for the Shelby GT- don't know if that was posted here. By the way, MM, no 'vert for this year, maybe in '08- heard that from the source, but remember, that's a maybe.... maybe.

See? There is still hope for me....either an '08 '500 'vert (probably Alloy/black/black, HIDs, interior u/g) or a Shelby GT 'vert, no decision on black or white, I like them both, loaded up, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr a GT 350 if they get to making one. Down to 3 options...the wait is the killer .... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :headspin:

Any one will be a winner. You the man, Crispy. :happy feet:

Right on.

So, what kind of rig are you driven these days ?

Any thing in the works ?

do you get that good employee pricing ?

I have two cars right now a 2006 Fusion SE V6 and a 05 Mustang V6. I bought the mustang for my girlfriend to drive. I wanted a Mustang GT when I got my Fusion but my insurance monthly would have been more then my payment. Hopefully some time next year I am going to get a GT or a Shelby GT. As for employee pricing it is good on everything but if I wanted a GT500 they would still charge me around 10k over MSRP.

I have two cars right now a 2006 Fusion SE V6 and a 05 Mustang V6. I bought the mustang for my girlfriend to drive. I wanted a Mustang GT when I got my Fusion but my insurance monthly would have been more then my payment. Hopefully some time next year I am going to get a GT or a Shelby GT. As for employee pricing it is good on everything but if I wanted a GT500 they would still charge me around 10k over MSRP.

There is your market gang.

Archived