TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 owners near Fairfield,CA

ELITE 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote i thought i saw this forum a while back but thought they got rid of it. glad to see more nor cal guys here. i count 10 of us now.

mikspny…………….. Garden Valley

Shelby GT500 TWP.. San Ramon

jrichard………………. El Dorado Hills

Wildthang…………… Walnut Creek

TNN………………….. Antioch

BEEKAY GT500……. San Jose

SHD-GT500…………. San Ramon

mad103……………… Walnut Creek

TAHOE GT500……… Vallejo

ELITE1………………. Fairfield

Wildthang I'll keep the list updated but you gotta arrange a get together.

Make that 11 if you will.

JimC ----- GT500 ------ Livermore

[quote i thought i saw this forum a while back but thought they got rid of it. glad to see more nor cal guys here. i count 10 of us now.

mikspny…………….. Garden Valley

Shelby GT500 TWP.. San Ramon

jrichard………………. El Dorado Hills

Wildthang…………… Walnut Creek

TNN………………….. Antioch

BEEKAY GT500……. San Jose

SHD-GT500…………. San Ramon

mad103……………… Walnut Creek

TAHOE GT500……… Vallejo

ELITE1………………. Fairfield

Wildthang I'll keep the list updated but you gotta arrange a get together.

Make that 11 if you will.

JimC ----- GT500 ------ Livermore

Aonebadbone Livermore

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello from Hollister,

Picked up my Ebony/Alloy convertible on Nov. 25th.

I'm a Norcal Saac member since 1986, so you'll be seeing this car (along with my dark Highland Green '68 GT500KR) at Mini-Nats.

I don't get to any other events as my job keeps me on the road/in the air/at the hotel/in the rentalcar/on the courtesy bus....you get the idea....

Tom aka Cali_KR

GT500_pass_side.jpg

GT500_interior.jpg

GT500_pass_side.jpg

GT500_interior.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
It seems we have a few GT500 owners in the area. Maybe we should get together and have a cruise, or a BBQ at a park, when the weather gets warmer.

this is where this thread is. yes, we should get together in the spring. there are about 30 of us nor cal bay area guys. i've been keeping a list updated but couldnt find this thread. i'll get the list up later tonight when i get home.

OK

Now that this thread is alive again. Who is driving down to the Birthday Bash giong to LA>

Leaving on the 10 and going down 101 to avoid the snow on 5.

Most of the people that are going on the cruise to LV on that Friday are staying at the Radisen hotel by the airport.

I want to leave by 6 am. that way we can be there by noon and see the sights.

Art

• 2 weeks later...
this is where this thread is. yes, we should get together in the spring. there are about 30 of us nor cal bay area guys. i've been keeping a list updated but couldnt find this thread. i'll get the list up later tonight when i get home.

Hay Beekay, just found this thread myself; it's an old one... Add me to your list and I'm sure txshavers in Alameda would be interested as well.

Have a happy new year,

WP

• 1 month later...

This is my first post. Live in Castro Valley and just picked up my 2008 GT500 Visa Blue Convert in Carson City, NV where it is housed, but will plan to bring down to the Bay Area when the snow melts and the roads clear. Hope to meet with local GT500 owners so add me to the list.

Nevada License plate is NO1PONY

NOONEPONY

• 2 months later...
How many of you guys who have GT500's live in the area of Fairfield,CA? For those who don't know where Fairfield is, it is beetween Sacramento and San Francisco. If you live in the area we should have a gathering or go for a cruise somewhere. Interested to see how many of you are near me.

WOW Peter, this one started a year and a half ago and still no meet & greet... Come on Peter, Jim, Art, Brad, David and me, "Let's Get It Started Again"!!!

Where's a central local with lots of parking and food? What about Tracy, or Livermore? I'd suggest Val's in Hayward but they don't have enough parking...I know someone mentioned a BBQ but I don't put groceries in my GT500, maybe beverages but not food and charcoal, The Boss might get the wrong idea :hysterical:

How about Firebaugh :hysterical: That one was for you Jim...

Alright Guys

First let me say that I have had charcoal in my car. Match light and I also put it in a garbage bag

so it wouldn't stink up my trunk. I used the whole bag so nothing came home.

You sure can haul meat in you're car Steaks or hamburger.

Sometimes I bring stuff to car shows man has to eat.

I also dont have a problem with restaurants but parking all together will be a problem.

Thats why I suggested a picnic.

What day would be best Saturday or Sunday?

I currently need a head count

If we go to Del vale there is a swimming area and a place to bbq.

If we do this lets post Ideas and keep them short so I can take notes. I'm old

I plain to bring my family wife and 11 year old daughter.

Art

Hey guys, I know that this thread was started a long time ago, and I was hoping that we could have had a meet or go for a cruise somewhere, a lot sooner than now. I was thinking depending on how many Shelbys we get to to join us maybe we could do like Art said and have a BBQ/meet somewhere. I know that there are a few car shows coming up in May and June, so I think that if we were going to plan something, we should do it in late July or early August. Art, How crowded is the Del Valle Park during late July and early August? Let me know what you guys think.

PS. I am not afraid to put food, drink, or charcoal in the trunk of my Shelby.

Alright Guys

First let me say that I have had charcoal in my car. Match light and I also put it in a garbage bag

so it wouldn't stink up my trunk. I used the whole bag so nothing came home.

You sure can haul meat in you're car Steaks or hamburger.

Sometimes I bring stuff to car shows man has to eat.

I also dont have a problem with restaurants but parking all together will be a problem.

Thats why I suggested a picnic.

What day would be best Saturday or Sunday?

I currently need a head count

If we go to Del vale there is a swimming area and a place to bbq.

If we do this lets post Ideas and keep them short so I can take notes. I'm old

I plain to bring my family wife and 11 year old daughter.

Art

IF your not tolder then drit, your still a puppy.

I vote for Saturday, this way no one is rushed or stressed because they need to go to work the next day.

Picnic's Rock. Kids love them and their laid back. Just need a nice location.

IF your not tolder then drit, your still a puppy.

I vote for Saturday, this way no one is rushed or stressed because they need to go to work the next day.

Picnic's Rock. Kids love them and their laid back. Just need a nice location.

Soooo, you're OK with Firebaugh Jim? :hysterical:

Where is there a park with BBQ's already there AND has lots of parking within view of the picnic area?

Heather Farms in Walnut Creek is one place that fits the above bill and it has a cool climbing wall for the kids and lots of grass, plus the rose garden for the wives to stroll through. It even has swimming if you are so inclined...

WOW Peter, this one started a year and a half ago and still no meet & greet... Come on Peter, Jim, Art, Brad, David and me, "Let's Get It Started Again"!!!

Where's a central local with lots of parking and food? What about Tracy, or Livermore? I'd suggest Val's in Hayward but they don't have enough parking...I know someone mentioned a BBQ but I don't put groceries in my GT500, maybe beverages but not food and charcoal, The Boss might get the wrong idea :hysterical:

count me in. i have been longing for a cruise. i only spend time in the mod's forum but i'll remember to follow this thread. let's do it before end of june- i got my second one on the way and i know i ain't gonna be able to get away once he arrives.

Soooo, you're OK with Firebaugh Jim? :hysterical:

Where is there a park with BBQ's already there AND has lots of parking within view of the picnic area?

Heather Farms in Walnut Creek is one place that fits the above bill and it has a cool climbing wall for the kids and lots of grass, plus the rose garden for the wives to stroll through. It even has swimming if you are so inclined...

Did I say "t older" I need a faster key board or slower fingers, I meant "older" :jackinbox:

Yes, I am still supporting Ford in Firebaugh, almost bought a new car from them; for the wife, till they told her Ford didn't make the Bullet with an automatic tranny. :redcard: she really like the Bullet at the show, haven't seen her that excited in a car for awhile. Considering our local “F” dealer almost got her killed. I would say that’s a big 10-4 for Firebaugh.

Never heard of Heather Farms in W/C sounds good, if fits bill and everyone agrees it works for me.

Did I say "t older" I need a faster key board or slower fingers, I meant "older" :jackinbox:

Yes, I am still supporting Ford in Firebaugh, almost bought a new car from them; for the wife, till they told her Ford didn't make the Bullet with an automatic tranny. :redcard: she really like the Bullet at the show, haven't seen her that excited in a car for awhile. Considering our local “F” dealer almost got her killed. I would say that’s a big 10-4 for Firebaugh.

Never heard of Heather Farms in W/C sounds good, if fits bill and everyone agrees it works for me.

Jim, I thought you ment to say/write Toadler :hysterical:

Heather Farms is down the hill from John Muir Hospital on Ygnacio Valley Road in East Walnut Creek, it's easy to find from the freeways.

"Heather Farm Park facilities include the Clarke Swim Center (925) 943-5856, 10 tennis courts at the Walnut Creek Tennis Center (925) 945-0105, one sand volleyball court, playgrounds, five softball fields, soccer field, basketball court, two lakes (fishing is allowed in the cement pond adjacent to the community center ONLY), snack shack (summer months only) and exercise par course. The sand volleyball court can be reserved for use in conjunction with your picnic. The volleyball net is permanently affixed to the poles, but you must bring your own volleyball. A maximum of four hours may be reserved"

"The Heather Farm Group Picnic areas are turfed with some shade, but there is no access to running water or electricity. Ample parking is approximately 50 yards away. Vehicles are not permitted on the park paths or turf for loading, unloading or any other reason. Please advise your caterer, or anyone else bringing heavy loads, of this restriction. Restrooms are about 100 yards away, just outside the Clarke Memorial Swim Center. Reservations are from dawn until dusk."

Let's see how many are interested in attending before we talk about reserving picnic tables; besides, the best parking area, it's good size, adjacent to tables w/BBQ's is away from the reserved picnic area. If we only need 3-4 tables the non-reserved area would be better and it's closer to the play ground. The only draw backs to this park is that there isn't much shade, the trees are small in the picnic areas and it can get windy there if I remember right. There's fishing in the pond for the kiddies, the pond is 150 yards from the picnic area.

The first picture here is the pond at Heather Frams http://www.walnutcreekrec.org/facilities.h...rk%20facilities

I'll be the first to pitch some dates out there, how 'bout Sat. June 14th or 15th, or Sat. June 21 or 22 from 11:00 to 2:00 or so. I'd prefer the weekend of June 21-22, I should have my GT500 back from Griggs by then :happy feet: :yahoo: :happy feet:

Let's Party!!!!! :party2: :party2:

The Best place in Livermore.

Lake Del Val, fishing and swimming, entry fee first come sites, or pay-reserved site with a BBQs. Lots of grass, its in the hills may be hard for some to find.

It has a spot for remote plane flying, a unofficial area good for remote gas power trucks, hiking, bicycles, room for base ball etc. You would need to bring toys to keep the kids occupied, and the water level as well as water in the river feed depends on water conditions. They have a boat dock and rental but speed limit on water 5mph strictly enforced.

There is the Scottish Games Festival this month at Robertsons park in Livermore. Lots of parking, but it is on a rough dirt lot, not good. Followed by one at the Pleasanton fair grounds.

Lots of “good food” and beer, kids like to check out all the different show and tell events, sword fight, iron ball & poll throwing, contest spear throwing bagpipes, music etc. lots of concession stands to spend lots of money on lots of neat junk, swords, shields clothing, leather goods and more.

Great place to spend the day, have fun and burn up a couple bill$ for a family of 4-6.

Not sure, what is in Tracy. I know there is an historical mining town park, with a cave tours somewhere in Tracy that might be nice.

There is a fairly new, little know event in Vallejo called “NORTHERN CALIFORNIA PIRATE FESTIVAL 2008 Father's Day Weekend - June 14th & 15th MORE DETAILS HERE.”

Web link for more info

This sounds like it could be fun for everyone, I recently learned of it, never been to one.

There is a fairly new, little know event in Vallejo called “NORTHERN CALIFORNIA PIRATE FESTIVAL 2008 Father's Day Weekend - June 14th & 15th MORE DETAILS HERE.”

Web link for more info

This sounds like it could be fun for everyone, I recently learned of it, never been to one.

PIRATES!!!??? A festival for Pirates... Who would have ever thought of such a thing back before cars were invented...

Pirates and Shelby's, now there's a combo... Afterall, every good pirate needs a fast getaway car after they have raped and pillaged the local townsfolk :hysterical: How else is a modern pirate supposed to make-off with their booty...

Speakin' of booty...No, I'll leave it at that--------------

Jim, I thought you ment to say/write Toadler :hysterical:

Heather Farms is down the hill from John Muir Hospital on Ygnacio Valley Road in East Walnut Creek, it's easy to find from the freeways.

"Heather Farm Park facilities include the Clarke Swim Center (925) 943-5856, 10 tennis courts at the Walnut Creek Tennis Center (925) 945-0105, one sand volleyball court, playgrounds, five softball fields, soccer field, basketball court, two lakes (fishing is allowed in the cement pond adjacent to the community center ONLY), snack shack (summer months only) and exercise par course. The sand volleyball court can be reserved for use in conjunction with your picnic. The volleyball net is permanently affixed to the poles, but you must bring your own volleyball. A maximum of four hours may be reserved"

"The Heather Farm Group Picnic areas are turfed with some shade, but there is no access to running water or electricity. Ample parking is approximately 50 yards away. Vehicles are not permitted on the park paths or turf for loading, unloading or any other reason. Please advise your caterer, or anyone else bringing heavy loads, of this restriction. Restrooms are about 100 yards away, just outside the Clarke Memorial Swim Center. Reservations are from dawn until dusk."

Let's see how many are interested in attending before we talk about reserving picnic tables; besides, the best parking area, it's good size, adjacent to tables w/BBQ's is away from the reserved picnic area. If we only need 3-4 tables the non-reserved area would be better and it's closer to the play ground. The only draw backs to this park is that there isn't much shade, the trees are small in the picnic areas and it can get windy there if I remember right. There's fishing in the pond for the kiddies, the pond is 150 yards from the picnic area.

The first picture here is the pond at Heather Frams http://www.walnutcreekrec.org/facilities.h...rk%20facilities

I'll be the first to pitch some dates out there, how 'bout Sat. June 14th or 15th, or Sat. June 21 or 22 from 11:00 to 2:00 or so. I'd prefer the weekend of June 21-22, I should have my GT500 back from Griggs by then :happy feet: :yahoo: :happy feet:

Let's Party!!!!! :party2: :party2:

Only after you get your car back, your gonna love the set up. :happy feet:

I may not have my car, Just learned SAI is up to # 80 :happy feet: I'm #85 :happy feet: :happy feet:

Only after you get your car back, your gonna love the set up. :happy feet:

I may not have my car, Just learned SAI is up to # 80 :happy feet: I'm #85 :happy feet: :happy feet:

WOW, this one just died :drop:

It seemed to have some good steam and then pooped out...

So is June too soon?

Should I start a new topic, say "NorCal TS Meet-N-Greet BBQ" and see if we can generate more broad-based NorCal TS interest? I want all TS members to feel comfortable joining in, not just GT500 owners in and around Fairfield, no offense Peter.

Jim, I like the Pirate Fest. outting idea, I just wouldn't take my GT500 to it, I hate to leave it outta my sight in any parking lot let alone one at a Pirate Festival...You ever seen a drunken Pirate manover a parking lot? I have, not a pretty sight at all :hysterical: Any interest in cherry picking out in Brentwood, a family outting? I asked you once B4 but never got a response, was it something I said? :D

Hey guys

Heather farms is good.

The 15 th of June is Fathers day so a trip in the car is good way to start of Fathers day.

I have nothing that weekend.

How about a cruise up Mount Diablo and then go to Walnut creek for BBQ

Meet at 8 or 9 and make a day of it. It would give everyone a chance to take cool pictures of our cars.

Art

Archived