TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 owners near Fairfield,CA

ELITE 1

How many of you guys who have GT500's live in the area of Fairfield,CA? For those who don't know where Fairfield is, it is beetween Sacramento and San Francisco. If you live in the area we should have a gathering or go for a cruise somewhere. Interested to see how many of you are near me.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm located in Lafayette and my buddy is in Antioch.

Here are ours:

26713182470.jpg

Sweet, we should have a little meet and greet some weekend or go for a nice drive somewhere, maybe in January, hopefully there will be some more GT500 owners by then, that can join us. Nice rides guys, hope to see them in person someday.

That sounds good to me! It's funny because I saw your car heading down the 680 and then on Hwy 4. I was thinking holy cr@p, that looks scary on the back of that truck!

PickingupmyGT5001.jpg

I called my buddy and told him I saw an all red stripe w/delete, like his black one heading down the freeway hanging off the back of a truck. It was being tossed around on the bumpy hwy and look like it was about to fall off, plus there is a big ole truck hanging over it. We were trying to figure out where it was headed.

Too Funny!

I'm in El Dorado Hills, a little east of Sacramento along the 50. But I don't have a car yet. I'm betting on a January delivery. It'd be fun to get together.

I also looked at the Sacramento Shelby club page. It looks like they occasionally organize a track day...that'd be a lot of fun.

JR

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I am from Walnut Creek. I am in process of looking for a GT500. How much did you guys pay for it? Any help/advise as to where to get the best price? Thanks

Alex

Sorry Alex,

I'm one of those who paid a significant ADM. More than some, less than others. I purchased from James Ford in Half Moon Bay. Good Luck, though.

Hey all,

I am from Walnut Creek. I am in process of looking for a GT500. How much did you guys pay for it? Any help/advise as to where to get the best price? Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

That ends up being a touchy subject for a lot of folks. I don't think it's a matter of what people paid...'cause some of these deals were made a long time ago and the better deals were often made with dealers before the knew how hot this car was going to be. The real issue is what the car is going for now and where you think it'll be in the future.

My original deal was made back in June. IMHO, the longer you wait the cheaper things will become. At the end of the day, there will be a lot of these cars out there. Not everyone agrees with that, though...and there are tons of posts back and forth about where ADM sits, where it's been and where it's going.

Regarding help / advice to get the best price, I'd say working the phone and calling a lot of dealers is the best way to go. That's how I got mine...hours on the phone. If I were looking fo the best deal right now, I'd try to work a commitment for a 2008.

Hi Alex,

That ends up being a touchy subject for a lot of folks. I don't think it's a matter of what people paid...'cause some of these deals were made a long time ago and the better deals were often made with dealers before the knew how hot this car was going to be. The real issue is what the car is going for now and where you think it'll be in the future.

My original deal was made back in June. IMHO, the longer you wait the cheaper things will become. At the end of the day, there will be a lot of these cars out there. Not everyone agrees with that, though...and there are tons of posts back and forth about where ADM sits, where it's been and where it's going.

Regarding help / advice to get the best price, I'd say working the phone and calling a lot of dealers is the best way to go. That's how I got mine...hours on the phone. If I were looking fo the best deal right now, I'd try to work a commitment for a 2008.

there are three of us near you mikspny wildthang tnn

i thought i saw this forum a while back but thought they got rid of it. glad to see more nor cal guys here. i count 10 of us now.

mikspny…………….. Garden Valley

Shelby GT500 TWP.. San Ramon

jrichard………………. El Dorado Hills

Wildthang…………… Walnut Creek

TNN………………….. Antioch

BEEKAY GT500……. San Jose

SHD-GT500…………. San Ramon

mad103……………… Walnut Creek

TAHOE GT500……… Vallejo

ELITE1………………. Fairfield

Wildthang I'll keep the list updated but you gotta arrange a get together.

All right all of you N. Californians....how many would like to meet for a track day? If you've never done it....it's easy to learn, a ton of fun and really rewarding!! A day on a road course costs about $250 includes lunch, fantastic coaching, very safe (no walls) and they will rent you a helmet. All day driving...fast and legal. If you'd like to see more go to a friend of mines site www.hookedondriving.com (yes that is my Shelby on the front page racing a Roush Stage 3) you should feel right at home. Let me know your thoughts on this. Depending on response I'll PM all of you too. Oh, I know of two other cars in my area. A Grabber Orange in Diamond Springs and another Red/white that uses my mechanic. I think the GO is parked but I know the red car drives.

All right all of you N. Californians....how many would like to meet for a track day? If you've never done it....it's easy to learn, a ton of fun and really rewarding!! A day on a road course costs about $250 includes lunch, fantastic coaching, very safe (no walls) and they will rent you a helmet. All day driving...fast and legal. If you'd like to see more go to a friend of mines site www.hookedondriving.com (yes that is my Shelby on the front page racing a Roush Stage 3) you should feel right at home. Let me know your thoughts on this. Depending on response I'll PM all of you too. Oh, I know of two other cars in my area. A Grabber Orange in Diamond Springs and another Red/white that uses my mechanic. I think the GO is parked but I know the red car drives.

I tried calling you yesterday...I ended up in your neck of the woods around 3pm.

I'd be up for a track day. I know my wife would enjoy coming along, too. I've never been...are passengers typically allowed?

Sick kids....so I was at home doing the mom thing!! Yes, your wife can ride along (helmet too) generally after lunch so that you have had some coaching on the track before you make her grab the "oh my god" bar. Okay, so one down for Thunderhill. I know TNN and Wildthang will be up for it.

• 6 months later...
i thought i saw this forum a while back but thought they got rid of it. glad to see more nor cal guys here. i count 10 of us now.

mikspny…………….. Garden Valley

Shelby GT500 TWP.. San Ramon

jrichard………………. El Dorado Hills

Wildthang…………… Walnut Creek

TNN………………….. Antioch

BEEKAY GT500……. San Jose

SHD-GT500…………. San Ramon

mad103……………… Walnut Creek

TAHOE GT500……… Vallejo

ELITE1………………. Fairfield

Wildthang I'll keep the list updated but you gotta arrange a get together.

Also let me update you're list to include me

Aonebadbone................ Livermore red white strips 3200 miles I don't own a car traler

and on a side note the club that I belong to is having a show on this Sunday.

At Dublin Ford off 580 in Dublin it is right next to the Imax theater.

It will benefit the Susan g Kornen fight for the cure for breast cancer foundation.

I don't want to be the only 500 at the show.

raffle prizes and trophy's will be awarded.

I posted this up here a while ago and I don't know if anyone from here is coming

no pre reg just show up twenty bucks at the door and 1/2 proceeds to go th the foundation

Hope to see you at the show

Art in Livermore

Both

there is a show on this Sunday and Mikspony is plaining a cruise date to be announced

Mad103 go to CA-Mustangs.com and check out the thread for our car show.

If you have a Ford or Ford powered car then bring it to the show.

Show starts at 8 am until 3 pm

Its in the events and get together area

Both

there is a show on this Sunday and Mikspony is plaining a cruise date to be announced

Mad103 go to CA-Mustangs.com and check out the thread for our car show.

If you have a Ford or Ford powered car then bring it to the show.

Show starts at 8 am until 3 pm

Its in the events and get together area

I will try to show. I believe my brother already knows about it. He is a member of your forum. What is size expectancy? Def post info on the cruise on this forum as well.

• 2 months later...

I see the last post was Aug 18th.

If you are still alive and kick'en add my name to the list.

JimC. 07 vert gt500 triple blk stripe delete

Livermore, Ca.

Archived