TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does the 2008 GT500 have knock sensors?

kharper

Hi,

I am wondering if the 2008 GT500 has knock sensors. I am paranoid that I may get a bad batch of gas and damage the engine.

I carry octane boost in case, but I am wondering if the 2008 has knock sensors so the it may automatically reduce the risk of detonation.

You probably could retrofit,Imagine cost would be 8-10k with the new parts,computer,programing,wiring harness.There are reasons they didnt put them on these earlier models.Would be much better to use the ones attached to each side of your head.Knock is pretty obvious when it happens and havent heard of anyone having problems from the lack of these sensors.

I have not heard any knock yet... Maybe I am being a little to paranoid.

I have a Kenne Bell 2.8 sitting in my garage to be installed.... I guess with the extra boost I will have to be more attentive as the car has no sensors.

I have the KB 3 and full exhaust and my car is so loud at WOT i could not hear any knock if there was any. Just be sure you get it professionally tuned on the dyno, or if you use the supplied KB tune i would still get the A/F checked at WOT. fwiw, i started out w/ the KB tune and got 650 rwhp, and with a custom SCT tune it now turns 700 rwhp with less timing and with a better/lower A/F ratio. Also, with the KB tune i got constant check engine codes (i can check my codes and reset them if needed) and with the new tune only once so far. Always run 93/94 octane gas.

Archived