TEAM SHELBY FORUM

new dash plaque again

glroy

well folks

The correct dash plaque arrived.Off with the old and on with the new.

plaque came off easy

new one got it's UV protection

removal of Carol Shelby's signature :cry:

maintaining the purity and integrity of the dash plaque the right thing to do.

no eBay for this piece of stamped aluminum

phpAeZj3xPM.jpg

phpFrsazJPM.jpg

phpS0TvruPM.jpg

phpAeZj3xPM.jpg

phpFrsazJPM.jpg

phpS0TvruPM.jpg

I guess I'm missing something, how did you get the wrong plaque and why remove the signature?

How long did it take to get the new one? I ordered mine a month ago and I haven't heard anything from them, they said it would be a month or two but I haven't even had it charged to my card yet. I hope they have the order there someplace.

I guess I'm missing something, how did you get the wrong plaque and why remove the signature?

How long did it take to get the new one? I ordered mine a month ago and I haven't heard anything from them, they said it would be a month or two but I haven't even had it charged to my card yet. I hope they have the order there someplace.

You should call and make sure they have your order. When I ordered mine I had a confirmation of the order online yet it had not been entered on the system. I don't think this happens much but it's worth the call to find out. What they can't tell you is the exact date you'll get it. It depends on when Carroll Shelby signs it.

was shipped wrong VIN on dash plaque

destroyed signature because I did not pay for it and would not be right

I'm starting to think the janitor at SAI signed my dash plaque. My CS signature looks different then everyone else. Its a smaller signature and doesn't have the little dashes in the line under his name like he signes all the other ones.

Jim

Jim,

You should of recived a certificate with it....that proves it's real.

I'm starting to think the janitor at SAI signed my dash plaque. My CS signature looks different then everyone else. Its a smaller signature and doesn't have the little dashes in the line under his name like he signes all the other ones.

Jim

HAHA, not laughing at what happened but the janitor part. That was good. But... is there anyway you could post a picture? I'm interested in how it looks.

My sons were a bit blown away by the cert of authenticity thing.....they're like, ok, get real, it's just a signature. After I whopped em on the head with a genuine CS logo'ed wrench from my Restoration Hardware Genuine Shelby Tool Kit, the understood the importance of non-counterfit items.

well folks

The correct dash plaque arrived.Off with the old and on with the new.

plaque came off easy

new one got it's UV protection

removal of Carol Shelby's signature :cry:

maintaining the purity and integrity of the dash plaque the right thing to do.

no eBay for this piece of stamped aluminum

Glad you got it worked out Glen, I know it was buggin ya...

Jim

Hope SAI sends me a pic of the "janitor" as my Plaque Signature matches your description..... :baby:

Mine was shipped to me yesterday, I hope the janitor was on vacation and CS did it.

I haven't decided if I'm going to clear coat it or not, my car is seldom in the sun for long and I worry rattle can clear coat might peel off before the signature would have faded anyway.

Archived