TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone have Lojack Proximity Plus?

StratGirl

I have the lojack early warning system on my SGT and plane to also put it on the Terlingua once we get it back. I don't exactly know what the range of that system is though; I have had my Key fob about 3 miles away befor and never got a call. I think it might work off of cell phone signals and as long as you are in the same cell, the system assumes everything is OK. Put Houson's a big city, there is a lot that can go on in a three mile radius so that's when I started looking into GPS tracking. If I remember right the Skyway system cost me $600 installed. The first year of service was free and it is suppose to be 19.95 a month after that. That was the cheapest monthly built in gps tracing solution that I found. It works very good. I know right where my Terlingua is at Quantum right now and have a fence set up around there buildings so that if it ever leaves their parking lot, I am notified.

But as far as the Proximity Plus system; I have never seen one. It sounds like you plug it into the cigarette lighter which makes it easy to disable. It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you were trying to track someone you would have to trust them not to unplug it. If you were trying to track you car if stolen, it doesn’t sound like a good solution

looks like a temporary solution that is easily removed. I installed the Skyway system on my two Shelbys. I know where they are at all times, it is well hidden, and it is a Ford licensed product

http://www.myskyway.com/skydoc/index.html

How much is it? Is it a one time fee like lojack? I wonder if I got a Skyway system solely for the GPS benefit, if it would conflict with the Lojack signal somehow.

How much is it? Is it a one time fee like lojack? I wonder if I got a Skyway system solely for the GPS benefit, if it would conflict with the Lojack signal somehow.

If I remember right the Skyway system cost me $600 installed. The first year of service was free and it is suppose to be 19.95 a month after that. That was the cheapest monthly built in gps tracing solution that I found.

I have both and don't have any problems

When JustTony gave his car away to just about anyone who wanted to drive it last year in Dearborn, his lojack early waring system was ringing his cell phone before the car got to the corner each time.

Maybe it was because he wasnt in his home area?

Just mentioning it cause it was brought up that some didnt get a call even though the Lojack fob was miles away.

That doesnt sound like its working correctly.

That may be true. When I am away from my home area, it calls very promptly.

If you’re interested in logging on and checking out my skyway system, just PM me and I will set up a temporary name and password so you can see it.

I have Lo-jack in my SS. Two experiences. When I dropped it off at SAI to be Snaked, I was driving home in my truck. As they were moving the car to the back to be washed and stripes removed, my cell phone went off. It was Lo-jack advising me that the car was being moved. Although SIA had my backup sensor on my spare keys, it warned my anyway. I figure it was because the car was being moved with the sensor that is never used. I was approximately 10 miles away at the time.

The second time was when I went to pick up the car after it was Snaked. As I was driving away from SIA with the car on the trailer and the keys and sensor in the truck, I was again advised that the car was moving.

I would say that the Lo-jack system works great and I am very happy with it.

Gary

I had Lojack and the early warning system on my F150 that I sold for the SGT. The early warning system was useless. It may have been poor installation but I would receive a call or email I five, six times a day at all hours when I knew for a fact or validated that my truck had not moved (false alarms). To top it off the LED on the key fob always indicated that the battery was low, even when it had a fresh battery. I had the system checked several times and they never could figure out what was wrong with it. Lets just say I’m not a fan of the Lojack.

I'll need to check out the skyway.

I have Street Eagle on my SS and love it. I was able to see where my car was at SAI the whole time it was being converted, when it was moved and to where. I was able to see when they test drove the car. I can hop on my computer and see location (satelite photo or map), direction and speed, plus receive tow alerts (all alerts sent to my cell phone), speeding alerts (good for teenagers), leaving a designated area alert, and I will use it in court to show speed when contesting my first moving violation in over a decade. :censored:

I have Street Eagle on my SS and love it. I was able to see where my car was at SAI the whole time it was being converted, when it was moved and to where. I was able to see when they test drove the car. I can hop on my computer and see location (satelite photo or map), direction and speed, plus receive tow alerts (all alerts sent to my cell phone), speeding alerts (good for teenagers), leaving a designated area alert, and I will use it in court to show speed when contesting my first moving violation in over a decade. :censored:

Wow, this Street Eagle system looks pretty cool. Do you have the advanced system with ignition disable? I wonder if there's any problems with that? Do you remember how much the box cost you?

Thinking of picking this up, and I was just curious to see if anyone has it, and how well it works. :lurk:

It's $250 for the box which includes service for a year, and then if you want to maintain service after the 1st year, it's $15 a month.

Lojack Proximity Plus

Hey, I think lojack is a great tool, I have found many of peoples cars and know that its a great tool for tracking dumb crooks. Allstar is even better but everything helps and lowers your insurance. It's worth it in my book, I don't have it do to living upstate and car is always in my site. Any questions you have please ask been train in it !!!

Anthony

If you like stratgirl I can try and contact the lojack installer for my job and see what he say's the installer would have real info cause we all know the dealer what's the sale.

Anthony

...but everything helps and lowers your insurance...

Unless you are with State Farm. My LoJack was installed a couple weeks after I got the KR. I then called my insurance agent, and they said "Unfortunately, State Farm is one of the few companies that don't give a discount for having a LoJack. Sorry!"

That really pissed me off, but I have all my cars, house and boat insured through them and already get some really good discounts on being a multi-line customer, so its not worth it to me to change insurance companies right now.

Unless you are with State Farm. My LoJack was installed a couple weeks after I got the KR. I then called my insurance agent, and they said "Unfortunately, State Farm is one of the few companies that don't give a discount for having a LoJack. Sorry!"

That really pissed me off, but I have all my cars, house and boat insured through them and already get some really good discounts on being a multi-line customer, so its not worth it to me to change insurance companies right now.

You should try Allstate they give discount on everything !!! They have a fast response time my car was in the shop and fixed and paid for by my insurance at the end of the week. Even there homeowners is great the basement flooded had 2 clean up crews there same day to take care of it and reimbursed me for my time that, I started the clean up myself. My rug was replaced and sofa just showed a bill. You should tell your broker that your switching and see what he's says.

Wow, this Street Eagle system looks pretty cool. Do you have the advanced system with ignition disable? I wonder if there's any problems with that? Do you remember how much the box cost you?

Here are the order details:

CodeItemQtyPriceTotalSE-PKGWPLSStreetEagle Web Plus GPS Tracking Package

[streetEagle Hardware:StreetEagle GPS Tracking Unit]1$519.98$519.98^ SE-ENFLTStreetEagle GPS Tracking Kit

1$0.00$0.00 Sub Total: $519.98 Tax: $0.00 Shipping: $11.35 Grand Total: $531.33I don't have the ignition disable service, but my unit has the capability. I pay about $27/month for the mid-grade package. I installed the unit my self. It was a little challenging as I had to run a wire to the passenger-side fuse block to get a switched hot line. The unit is mounted in the right rear trunk area behind the matting on an aluminum cross brace intended for Shaker 1000 stuff (I have the Shaker 500 + Nav). The antenna is under the rear window matting and is pretty much invisible. Would I go with Steet Eagle again? You betcha.

Here are the order details:

CodeItemQtyPriceTotalSE-PKGWPLSStreetEagle Web Plus GPS Tracking Package

[streetEagle Hardware:StreetEagle GPS Tracking Unit]1$519.98$519.98^ SE-ENFLTStreetEagle GPS Tracking Kit

1$0.00$0.00 Sub Total: $519.98 Tax: $0.00 Shipping: $11.35 Grand Total: $531.33I don't have the ignition disable service, but my unit has the capability. I pay about $27/month for the mid-grade package. I installed the unit my self. It was a little challenging as I had to run a wire to the passenger-side fuse block to get a switched hot line. The unit is mounted in the right rear trunk area behind the matting on an aluminum cross brace intended for Shaker 1000 stuff (I have the Shaker 500 + Nav). The antenna is under the rear window matting and is pretty much invisible. Would I go with Steet Eagle again? You betcha.

If I remember, you posted some pics of when you had your car converted to and SS and the tracking of it. That's what lead me to explore these options also. The skyway system is very similar. I have my Terlingua at Quantum right now and I'm watching whenever it moves. I decided to with the skyway because it is a Ford Licensed product, it was about $600 installed at the dealer, and it was only $19 a month. I was going to get the StreetEagle after seeing your post, but just thought this was a little better deal. I'm happy with it also. I think both systems are good if you what to know where your car is and get alerts for it.

Archived