TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR SuperCharger Whine

My 07' 500 S/C Whinned like no tomorrow and it was great, however the KR is silent no matter how much I get on it I just don't hear a sound, it that normal, the gauge if flickering when I rev the engine. Is there a differrent tune or what is the deal, other owners?

I don't hear mine MUCH but it's there, put on a quiet exhaust and then you'll hear it fine. :D

Same for me but I'm still in the break in period so I don't fully accelerate yet. The boost gauge doesn't move much either. Later on this summer, I'll step on it and report back.

Barely, not much at all.

You gotta floor it! 90% of the time the car is in vacuum. ie. NO boost. No boost= No sound. When you totally floor it you should see you'r boost gauge jump up. As soon as you let out, boost and the whine are gone.

How about the guys like Grabber that installed the FR mufflers and H pipe on their GT500. Did they loose the whine ? Grabber?

My car whines like a stuck pig when I get on it. Even with my H-pipe and KR mufflers it's very noticable.

I have the 2.65 VMP pulley on my stock SC and it increased the boost too.

At 4200 RPM's my car is shwing 10-11 pounds of boost and taking off like a rocket ship.

I can't drive it past 4200 RPM's here and be comfortable. It's just to dam fast.

My car whines like a stuck pig when I get on it. Even with my H-pipe and KR mufflers it's very noticable.

At 4200 RPM's my car is shwing 10-11 pounds of boost and taking off like a rocket ship.

I can't drive it past 4200 RPM's here and be comfortable. It's just to dam fast.

I thought they were NOT selling the H pipe.?

Even when I nail it I here nothing, When I take it is for the TSB I will have it looked at.

How are you controllomg the god awful WHEEL HOP>??????

I bought a aftermarket H-pipe that is built to the same spec's as yours. The only thing different is that instead of a washer welded inside the cross over of the H, the crossover pipe is necked down to the same size of the washer that is inside yours. This way it is not an exact copy......but achieves the same affect. Check out my install thread and pic's of it in this linky:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=686943

I have zero wheel hop and my tires just spin smoothly. I have the BMR lower control arms and keep the TCS in the "off" mode if I want to spin the tires. That's all I had to do to fix the problem.

Archived