TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1-2 grind...

By "hard shift" do you mean a fast shift close to 6000 RPM? If that is the case I would first suspect that the clutch pedal may not be fully engaged before ripping the gearshift to second. I'm sure your local Ford tech will happy to try and duplicate this one :hysterical:

By "hard shift" do you mean a fast shift close to 6000 RPM? If that is the case I would first suspect that the clutch pedal may not be fully engaged before ripping the gearshift to second. I'm sure your local Ford tech will happy to try and duplicate this one :hysterical:

thats what i was thinking myself, but the more i thought about that it didnt make sense because of one little incident. I went to shift into 2nd, it grinded, so i let of the shifter, made sure the clutch was fully engaged and tried again and it grinded. it grinded 2 times before it let me put it into gear, even though it happened in a matter of seconds.

thats what i was thinking myself, but the more i thought about that it didnt make sense because of one little incident. I went to shift into 2nd, it grinded, so i let of the shifter, made sure the clutch was fully engaged and tried again and it grinded. it grinded 2 times before it let me put it into gear, even though it happened in a matter of seconds.

Make sure you get the full TSB. Sometimes the trans parts are on backorder, so it may be wise to make sure all the parts are at the dealer before work starts or you may have a car apart for a week or two. Try to speak with the tech doing the job and ask if he has done one before as the trans can be tricky (special tools required). Yours will have syncro damage!!

Ted

mine does the same thing, shifting fast at higher rpm from 1st to 2nd results in gear grind. Mine has done that from about day one. (i had it at the dragstrip the first week i took possesion of her, lol) I have not taken it to my ford dealer yet altho i have talked to them and they will fix it whenever i decide to take it in. I waiting till it gets worse since ive heard of some horror stories after people got the tsb done. hmmm...when does my warranty run out??? lol Oh, btw, its not your fault it needs repairing.

when does my warranty run out on this issue?

This is the $5K question nobody seems to know...

Is it 3/36 or 5/60? I think flywheel is 5/60, and it is very clearly both a covered part, and the casuing damage part, so I think it should be 5/60, but I could be wrong. They seem to find every possible way at Ford to deny warranty claims....

This is the $5K question nobody seems to know...

Is it 3/36 or 5/60? I think flywheel is 5/60, and it is very clearly both a covered part, and the casuing damage part, so I think it should be 5/60, but I could be wrong. They seem to find every possible way at Ford to deny warranty claims....

The thing is, I've tried to get my dealer to perform the TSB since day one because ive known ive had a few issues. Now this confirms it but i know but dealer still wont do it for me as they wouldnt do it for day one. They say "its only normal for this high performance transmission to do stuff like this".

The thing is, I've tried to get my dealer to perform the TSB since day one because ive known ive had a few issues. Now this confirms it but i know but dealer still wont do it for me as they wouldnt do it for day one. They say "its only normal for this high performance transmission to do stuff like this".

The issue is all about Ford Paying the dealer for the repair. Recently Ford has issued a notice about some clutches being replaced that (after inspected by Ford and are acceptable) and operating normally. The smaller dealers are shying away from this as the shop would have to (eat) the cost of the repair (parts and labor), As we all know these clutches are expensinse even at cost. Then if a dealer does 2 or 3 a month they could be out 5000.00- 6000.00 dollars. The issue is with Ford Paying for these claims, and the good dealers get them paid and a complete explanation for a failure is needed. Using the terms warped flywheel, and grinds while shifting as well as hard shifting shoud get the claim paid. I suggest to copy the TSB from Grabbers remarks and take a copy to the dealer explaining that this is the problem you are having. The cause being a warped flywheel due to normal city driving with the inability to disapate heat causing flywheel faillure. Also a call from your state better business bureau will help. Put the pressure on FORD, not the dealer, as Ford pays the claim. Beleive me Dealers love any kind of work in these times they just can't absorb the warranty denials and eat the costs.

Hope this helps

Ted

Archived