TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY GT/SC Certificate and Plate

Budman340

Hi all!!!!!!!

Here are a couple of pics of the new SGT/SC certificate and engine plate. Your VIN#, CSM# and year of vehicle will be printed on it. When you get the plate, there will also be two rivets included. The plate can be put on where you like it.

The price for the kit is $29.00. If your vehicle was built here at Shelby, we will have your information to verify the build. If your vehicle was done at Tasca or Quantum or Shawn Hyland Motorsports, we will need you to fax or email a copy of the work order to us. This is only for the SGT's that were done at an Authorized Mod Shop.

Steve Mansel is now going to take the orders for the kits.

Info needed

1. Name and address

2. VIN# and CSM# and year of vehicle

3. If the vehicle was not done here but at the above listed Authorized Mod Shops, please fax or email a copy of the work order to 702-952-1021 or email to Steve at Steve's email address.

Thanks!!!!

Bud

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4-1.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Bud, since I'm in the final stages of setting my install up at Tasca, can they send/fax all the info to you to get it started or is it up to me? Also in earlier post I saw where Amy said something about all plaques will be on the left side of the radiator support, located with a template. If so will the template be sent also? Just asking.

Thanx

Hi all!!!!!!

I have included a couple of pictures of some places where you could install the plate. In pic 1, you can see where Roger has his. If you put it there, you will run into the same issue--the radiator cover covers it up a bit.

I would not recomend to put it on the strut tower. The radius is too much and the plate WILL NOT bend to the curvature of the tower--it WILL kink. Plus, the tower is double walled.

Pic 1. Passenger side radiator top support

Pic 2. Passengers side firewall--could be an issue. I do not know what's behind it if you drill into it.

Pic 3. Drivers side fender area. This could go on the frame rail part--not the actual fender.

Pic 4. Fuse box cover. Could be cool, but could also easily be stolen too.

Bud

place1.jpg

place2.jpg

place3.jpg

place4.jpg

Hi all!!!!!!

I have included a couple of pictures of some places where you could install the plate. In pic 1, you can see where Roger has his. If you put it there, you will run into the same issue--the radiator cover covers it up a bit.

I would not recomend to put it on the strut tower. The radius is too much and the plate WILL NOT bend to the curvature of the tower--it WILL kink. Plus, the tower is double walled.

Pic 1. Passenger side radiator top support

Pic 2. Passengers side firewall--could be an issue. I do not know what's behind it if you drill into it.

Pic 3. Drivers side fender area. This could go on the frame rail part--not the actual fender.

Pic 4. Fuse box cover. Could be cool, but could also easily be stolen too.

Bud

Personally I like no. 1 since you gave reasons not to use the other 3.

also as Hardluck stated......Why do we have to send in our information if they were done at Tasca or Quantum--we should be in the registry are we not? Quantum and Tasca should be the ones reporting that information to you.

will the shops (Tasca, Quantum....) have these plates for the new installs, or do we still need to get them from SAI?

Thanks for the great work Bud!!!

Personally I like no. 1 since you gave reasons not to use the other 3.

also as Hardluck stated......Why do we have to send in our information if they were done at Tasca or Quantum--we should be in the registry are we not? Quantum and Tasca should be the ones reporting that information to you.

will the shops (Tasca, Quantum....) have these plates for the new installs, or do we still need to get them from SAI?

Thanks for the great work Bud!!!

The main reason for sending us the info is, we do not have it yet. Yes, the shops should be sending the info to us and they could be. But when you are working on something like 30,000 cars+, it will take too much time to go through the info to find it. They registry is still being put together. Once it is, then it would be a bit easier to find.

And all of the plates and certs will be purchased from here. That is why the cert says that "Shelby verified it". We will verify everything that comes in for these kits.

Plus when we are sent the copy of the work order, it makes it alot easier to verify and if the shop did not send us the info, we can then make sure it goes into right into the registry too :)

Bud

The main reason for sending us the info is, we do not have it yet. Yes, the shops should be sending the info to us and they could be. But when you are working on something like 30,000 cars+, it will take too much time to go through the info to find it. They registry is still being put together. Once it is, then it would be a bit easier to find.

And all of the plates and certs will be purchased from here. That is why the cert says that "Shelby verified it". We will verify everything that comes in for these kits.

Plus when we are sent the copy of the work order, it makes it alot easier to verify and if the shop did not send us the info, we can then make sure it goes into right into the registry too :)

Bud

Okie Dokie makes sense. You'll have mine next month hopefully! Knowing me I'll send all the wrong stuff and it will take two years to straighten out..... I have a lot of faith in myself! :headscratch:

Roger doing the certificate in holograms is very smart and daunting to replicate, good job. I also want to give Amy kudos for finding excellent talent and being able to keep it. I would have expected nothing less~

Dave

EDITED:

Hi all,

The ones that have been turned in and paid for I have. I will have the shipping dept part start sending these out today/tommorrow.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Bud

I have sent my information to Steve but, how do I pay? I have a credit card in my hand...just let me know.

If you trust email, you can email him the CC#'s or call Steve at 702-942-7325 ext 139

Bud

Hey Bud,

I e-mailed Steve that I am uncomfortable putting credit card info in an e-mail. I trust you guys but that e-mail can pass through any number of servers where it can be retrieved. I asked him if I can send a check. Waiting for a response.

Jim

Archived