TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY GT/SC Certificate and Plate

Budman340

I think I'm going to leave it on the driver side strut tower for now. If everyone decides to put it on the radiator support I'll reluctantly move it. And to answer the question about keeping the engine bay clean. It's too COOL under there not to keep it clean, but it's a lot of work. I spend at least an hour cleaning under the hood every time I drive it.

Dont Move it!! it looks great where it's at. I WANT A SC NOW...A KB set-up looks nice

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!!!!!

I just took some pics of the ones we just installed here. Now, you CAN install yours where you like--its your car :)

I was suggesting to put it on the drivers strut tower brace, but if you have the stock cold air intake, the box will cover up the spot.

So, the first pics I showed, it was where Roger's went on. The ground wire was moved, but not enough. This caused the plate to be partially covered. In this set of pics, we moved the ground wire to another place and now the plate fits fine.

This is where we mounted them. If you all want to do the same, that's fine. If you want to place them somewhere else, that is fine too. It ALL goes into the registry the same :)

Thanks!!!!

Bud

place1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

Why is it that all cars touched by SAI have or can get a COA except the ones that started all this (SGT)?

Is it really that difficult to take the COA's being used and change some of the wording for the SGT's?

Even now with the "6" packages just announced, the literature seems to place emphasis on Authenticating these with a COA!

We keep being told to wait for the registry, then authenticity program, why is this such a difficult task?

If the SGT's have to wait for these never ending dates for this simple piece of documentation, why aren't all the SAI built cars waiting as well?

Totally frustrated and confused!

We have answered all of our members questions on a number of occasions in several forum threads. There is no reason to go into the detail again. As you can see we have been somewhat busy with several different projects for our owner and enthusiast base.

We have explained the process of obtaining information from our partners and the complexity of documentation and cross referencing and data base management. We will not put out a product at anyone's request just for the sake of putting out the product.

We have explained why it is not a simple task. You have all the answers we can give.

When it's ready the information will be posted here. No other information until then.

If anyone would like to conact me to discuss the simplicity of this project or offer suggestions on how we can move this project along more quickly, I would be happy to listen to your suggestions.

You can contact me anytime at 702-942-7325 ext. 145

Roger

Got my receipt yesterday in the mail....still waiting on the plaque--and the national show is only 7 days away :drool:

you just want to make sure you take 1st place over me.....I know what you're thinking. Don't worry, I miss a "couple spots" to help you out. :hysterical: Craig (looking foward to seeing all of you!)

I hate to say it guys, but I got my receipt over a week ago and still no, plaque or certificate :cry:

:headscratch::banghead::finger:

Hopefully mine does not follow suit

I plan to work on the car a little next weekend, have to paint the front calipers, would be nice to put the Plate on as well.

:headscratch::banghead::finger:

Hopefully mine does not follow suit

I plan to work on the car a little next weekend, have to paint the front calipers, would be nice to put the Plate on as well.

Hi Bill, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it shows up in the next few days. Also how are you liking the brake upgrade, did it make a noticeable difference?

:happy feet: :party2: :woohoo::dance:

IGM = I got mine! God bless the UPS dude.

The certificate looks great and the plaque goes on today! I'm going to see if the passenger side of the radiator support will work. If not, my plan B is the driver strut tower.

Hi Bill, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it shows up in the next few days. Also how are you liking the brake upgrade, did it make a noticeable difference?

Got mine today :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Great Quality, Great Job Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never had the stock brakes with the Supercharger, but I think the upgrade I have is more than sufficient for the driving I do with the Supercharger.

Got mine today :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Great Quality, Great Job Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never had the stock brakes with the Supercharger, but I think the upgrade I have is more than sufficient for the driving I do with the Supercharger.

Glad you like it.

Roger

I have emailed Steve twice based on an email response from Bud, and not heard a word. Has the process changed, Bud told me to email Steve?

GSHELBYT

07Sgt0773

Modified to a SGT/SC in March 2008 by SAI

I have emailed Steve twice based on an email response from Bud, and not heard a word. Has the process changed, Bud told me to email Steve?

GSHELBYT

07Sgt0773

Modified to a SGT/SC in March 2008 by SAI

I have also e-mailed Steve with no response. I would imagine he is on vacation this week like a lot of folks. I'll propably call Monday. Have a good weekend all.

Hi all!!!

I know Steve has been a bit busy lately. If he has not responded back to you, PLEASE, shoot me an email at BudM@shelbyautos.com Please make sure you have a a number listed where I can contact you. I will get back to you ASAP. Now, we are off tomorrow (Friday the 3rd) but I always check my emails all the time. I will respond back with an email and I will give you a call back on Monday.

Thanks all and have a fun and SAFE Holiday weekend!!!!!!!!

Bud

ps BLUE is STILL the fastest color!!!!! :hysterical:

• 4 weeks later...

got mine today! Certificate and badge look fantastic...off to the garage for now....I love it when the UPS man comes to my door! :happy feet: :happy feet: Thanks Bud, Roger, Steve and all the others at SAI!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :salute: Craig

oh, can't forget the guys at QP...Glenn, Kenny, Mike and especially AJ!

Well I finally got mine on today. However, I ran into a problem with the passenger side radiator support. I couldn't believe I missed this but nobody had posted about installing a plate on a Paxton Shelby GT/SC. I reread the thread twice. It turns out that on the Paxton install a bracket mounts to the radiator support to relocate the power steering fluid.

So the passenger side radiator support doesn't work for us Paxton guys. I went the passenger side strut tower location. About an inch down from the seam. Just low enough to cover the now unused mounting holes.

IMG_2235.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

So I have had my plate for awhile and decided today was the day to install it. So I turned on some Black Sabbath on Pandora radio and hit it.

I think I have found a cleaner way to do the grounding wire installation that looks pretty good IMO.

First I looked at it for a long time and listened to tunes, after undoing the ground wires I did not dig on the way they looked, so I removed the radiator top black plastic cover as all the wirs would reach a spot I could eyeball with the cover on...

post-9886-127105201881_thumb.jpg

In the above pic I alraedy have drilled a new hole for the ground wires.

Bolted up with nylock large cad plated washer and clean terminals with a dab of Blue loctite:

post-9886-127105203453_thumb.jpg

Archived