TEAM SHELBY FORUM

average mpg's...

judgeman6970

cant complain about this car....decent performance, great sound/looks/handling & averaging 22 mpg's all around since I bought it....I think maybe Ford & Carroll got this one right!! :rockon:

Cruised down to S.C from NY average speed 80mph average gas miles 25 to 25 not bad at all and that with 93 octane race tune!!

post-18733-1244037838_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1244037838_thumb.jpg

cant complain about this car....decent performance, great sound/looks/handling & averaging 22 mpg's all around since I bought it....I think maybe Ford & Carroll got this one right!! :rockon:

They certainly did get it right all the way around :happy feet:

Why they ever imposed a guzzler tax on this car I'll never understand. I've never seen less than 19 and when I first bought it it got over 27 on it's first trip.

Guys -

We get the tax because as SGT's (see the bottom of these docs) we only get a COMBINED City/Hwy 22.4mpg according to the EPA.

Quote:

the combined value is based on 55% city driving and 45% highway driving

The 08 SGT's got - 22.4 MPG and the standard is 22.5! Yeah, we are $1000 lighter in the pocket due to .10!

For your reading pleasure

http://www.epa.gov/fueleconomy/guzzler/420f06042.htm

420b08018.pdf

420b08019.pdf

420b08018.pdf

420b08019.pdf

I get a little over 18 hauling arse everwhere with best of 22 doing 85 the whole way on freeway to LA. Car has a little over 20k on it now. Needs tires. Any suggestions for SoCal area?

MR

I get a little over 18 hauling arse everwhere with best of 22 doing 85 the whole way on freeway to LA. Car has a little over 20k on it now. Needs tires. Any suggestions for SoCal area?

MR

Tire Rack - I couldn't find a shop on the street that could beat them! The tire stores know this.... Print out what you want from TR, take it into a local shop and see if they'll match it.

Yikes I wish I was doing so well. My combined average is a hair over 16 mpg.

Ken

Damn, mine is all stock, save for the Big Razors and I am only getting 17's .....I guess I need to stop damn near redlining the RPMs from light to light :shift::headscratch:

Y'all know you don't have to put the pedal to floor ALL the time, don't you? :hysterical:

:peelout: It's a sickness, when you buy one of these cars it causes a severe weight gain in your right foot :hysterical:

Guys -

We get the tax because as SGT's (see the bottom of these docs) we only get a COMBINED City/Hwy 22.4mpg according to the EPA.

Quote:

the combined value is based on 55% city driving and 45% highway driving

The 08 SGT's got - 22.4 MPG and the standard is 22.5! Yeah, we are $1000 lighter in the pocket due to .10!

For your reading pleasure

http://www.epa.gov/fueleconomy/guzzler/420f06042.htm

I must be a little dense. I still do not understand the gas guzzler tax deal. Why don’t the 2009 GTs have to pay the tax – their MPG numbers must be about the same as ours because their HP is. I have a Chrysler 300C, which gets decent mileage given the Hemi but does not do as well as the SGT (25.8 MPG that has never been reset).

Yesterday I drove a hundred or so miles of San Diego County back road twisties, motoring right along as fast as I dared with an 800-mile-old engine. 22.3 mpg average, with an automatic and the top down. Very satisfying in all respects.

Car is a GT/CS with Bullittt CAI and GTAs, stock wheels and tires (18" polished Bullitts, 235-50 BFGs).

Archived