TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another TSB Question - Are input shafts replaced on 2008 builds?

kharper

Hi,

I have a 2008 built in Feb of 2008. I am lined up for the TSB but I am wondering if the input shaft will have to be replaced on mine since I have the new transmission version...I assume the replacement version is the same as the one already in my transmission.

I would prefer they do not crack open the tranny if not needed.

Or are the input shaft and syncros replaced even if they are not defective?

Thanks,

Kurtis

Hi,

I have a 2008 built in Feb of 2008. I am lined up for the TSB but I am wondering if the input shaft will have to be replaced on mine since I have the new transmission version...I assume the replacement version is the same as the one already in my transmission.

I would prefer they do not crack open the tranny if not needed.

Or are the input shaft and syncros replaced even if they are not defective?

Thanks,

Kurtis

My understanding is that if you have the newer trans., it has the updated input shaft in it and does not need to be opened up unless you've had synchro damage. I had the old Tuet 5800 and they gave me a new trans as they had recently lost their trans. tech and therefore opted to replace the whole trans. Everything is fine, but still have the dreaded first gear shudder on take off. I don't think they will replace the shaft and synchros if you have the newer trans. I believe the up-dated input shaft is the same one that is in your newer trans. Hope this helps. P.S. According to Grabber's research the newer trans.( Tuet 8175B) has the updated shaft in it. Since yours is a Feb 08 car I think you are safe.

My understanding is that if you have the newer trans., it has the updated input shaft in it and does not need to be opened up unless you've had synchro damage. I had the old Tuet 5800 and they gave me a new trans as they had recently lost their trans. tech and therefore opted to replace the whole trans. Everything is fine, but still have the dreaded first gear shudder on take off. I don't think they will replace the shaft and synchros if you have the newer trans. I believe the up-dated input shaft is the same one that is in your newer trans. Hope this helps. P.S. According to Grabber's research the newer trans.( Tuet 8175B) has the updated shaft in it. Since yours is a Feb 08 car I think you are safe.

Perfect thanks for the reply.

This is good news as I do not want them changing un-needed parts :)

I thought the updated equipment didn't start going in until September of '08?? Kharper, mine was built in January 2008 and I needed everything including the input shaft and synchros.

If you get the TSB, you need to have the full repair done, as it is specific to the pre-9/08 builds. I would *not* advise leaving any portion of the TSB repair out.

Grabber - TSB Thread

Post #14 has a couple of more links to other threads.

Archived