TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which one of you guys bought Hummer??

Breaking News....

NEW YORK (AP) General Motors says it has agreed to sell its Hummer brand to an undisclosed buyer.

Arnold wouldn't want a Hummer built on a Suburban or Trail Blazer chassis. AM General still holds the rights to the original, GM just bought the name. I have 130913 sleeping in the garage, a 1993 model.

Just read that the Feds....uhhh...I mean GM sold Hummer to the Chinese.

Also heard they have Chinese buyers for Saturn. Well that's just dandy. They own a huge amount of our public debt and now they're gonna buy up the car business.

I don't know if this is good news or bad?

:headscratch:

Where you been? :lurk:

They did the same thing in the 80s, only it was Japan. Special places like Rockefeller Center were purchased for top dollar only to be bought back for half the money a few years later.

These are not priceless comodities being sold off, but failed business ventures.

I wouldnt worry too much.

Just read that the Feds....uhhh...I mean GM sold Hummer to the Chinese.

I wonder what the political price we agreed to so they would buy the brand. You can't give those things away right now.

They did the same thing in the 80s, only it was Japan. Special places like Rockefeller Center were purchased for top dollar only to be bought back for half the money a few years later.

These are not priceless comodities being sold off, but failed business ventures.

I wouldnt worry too much.

The Chinese probably made out like bandits for the factories and materials. They don't have to build Hummers; they can convert to American made Chinese cars - and we'll be working for them and Ford and Government Motors will have Chinese competition on our own soil.

And the 'winner' (?) is...

"After several hours of mystery concerning who might buy the iconic brand, GM confirmed late Tuesday that it is in advanced talks to sell it to China's Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company. Terms of the deal are still being negotiated, but GM expects to close the sale by year's end."

But with Ford seeling British car makers Aston Martin, Jaguar, and Land Rover to various Middle Eastern concerns, VW/Audi owning Bentley, Lamborghini and BMW owning Rolls Royce (they really got the short end of that deal), there's no borders when it comes to a car companies heritage any more.

Archived