TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Blue colored air filter

Does anyone know where to find a replacement air filter in the color blue? I'd like to spice up the under hood with a bit of color. I've got the ford blue covers and a blue filter would be cool.

Thanks

Does anyone know where to find a replacement air filter in the color blue? I'd like to spice up the under hood with a bit of color. I've got the ford blue covers and a blue filter would be cool.

Thanks

I purchased a replacement blue filter from VMP Tuning - however, the filter is slightly smaller than the original. Didn't really matter to me, I only wanted a clean one for use at shows!

That being said, the original filter is supposed to be a permanent one! I bought a kit called "Revitalizer" that contains cleaner and blue oil. Just remove the filter, use the cleaner, hose it off, then let it air dry or give it a good blow dry with a shop vac. Then lightly spray it with the included blue oil, let it sit overnight, and your done. A word of caution about the blue oil spray:

DON'T OVERDO IT OR YOU WILL SCREW UP YOUR MAF!!

Sam

AKA:

Thanks

Just got my blue filter, I order it from S&B filters.com you can match the filter the ford racing filter by filling there spec chart!!

Here are a couple replacement filters from Amsoil and K&N that work:

Amsoil...........K&N.....................................Flange.......Base OD...Flange ID...Height......Top ID

EaAU6075......RF-1041....Round Tapered......Center.......7.5...........6...............7.5...........5

EaAU6080......RF-1020....Round Tapered......Center.......7.5...........6...............8..............5

I purchased the K&N RF-1020 with the 8" height as it is slightly bigger and seems to produce a greater vacuum of incoming air. Increased throttle response and vacuum sound noticeably more. Though I prefer a blue cone I personally went away from the blue as the blue oils I have used get sucked out of the cone withing 5 minutes even after setting the cone aside for a week and applying the oil sparingly.

So I went to using the K&N red oil and never had a problem. I rotate between the stock cone and new cone about once every 6 to 8 months.

I bought mine from Steeda. It's an exact replacement. I also bought the re-oil kit at the same time from them. It comes with blue oil to spray on after you clean it.

Good Luck!!

+1 I bought a replacement from them and the refresh kit (cleaner and oil). I put the new one on and refreshed the old one an it's ready to install when the new one is dirty.

Easy! BTW, these are S&B filters but you have to call Steeda and tell them you want a replacement filter for the SGT. They don't have the part number listed as a web site purchase for some reason.

Thanks guys, lots of choices! :drool:

Thanks

+1 I bought a replacement from them and the refresh kit (cleaner and oil). I put the new one on and refreshed the old one an it's ready to install when the new one is dirty.

Easy! BTW, these are S&B filters but you have to call Steeda and tell them you want a replacement filter for the SGT. They don't have the part number listed as a web site purchase for some reason.

I bought direct from S&B for 35.00 exact match

Archived