TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Selling the Super Snake

Sorry to hear you need to sell your Great Car MM.......

I can tell from reading your posts how you help others and you are the best

in your profession.......

For what it's worth I used a 401k to purchase my GT500

so if my job goes south at least no car payment......

Wish you the best now and in the future.......

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First, this is NOT a joke! With the car business the way it is right now I think the best thing for me to do is SELL 08SS0014. I have tried over the last month or so to do whatever it takes to keep the car, but I dont see anyway for it to stay :cry:

I love the car, but its JUST a car. When things get better (and they will) I will buy another! Im going to put the car on EBAY today or tomorrow. I would love for someone on TeamShelby to have it! What would be GREAT is someone that I know to buy it and then maybe in a few years I could buy it back!!!

This is not going to change anything with me. Im still going to do the SS registry and still going to KEEP up with the cars! I love Shelbys and specially the Super Snakes, but this is just a bad time for me to try and keep the car!

I just wanted my SS brothers and sisters to know FIRST! I didnt want yall to see the car on ebay and wonder what was going on! No rumors or gossip! Just think its best for my family to sell the car right now and weather the storm. Then come out on the other side bigger and better.

Please dont feel sorry for me. I have had a blast the last year driving and showing the car. Now its time for someone else to have the FIRST 725HP Super Snake!!

MM

Michael I have seen your car in calabasas if I am not mistaken, and I have spoken to you, sorry to hear of your impending sale, just look at it as trading it in for a newer model thats not yet finished; Amen brother about things getting better sure as heck we need it to.

Michael, I'm impressed again. In your dealings with forum members with purchasing cars, to your informative posts, you are such an asset to this forum. It saddens me to hear that you are parting with your Super Snake. I'm sure you will get back on your feet again.

All the best...

Rick

1badsho, shelbydude, now MM, I'm sorry, but this really sucks. I haven't met or even been exposed to folks that are more dedicated Shelby fans and supporters of this site than you guys. I'm buying my daughter a new car next week, she has one choice, a Ford.

Thanks MM for all you do. I have a pic from the Bash in Jan with your car parked next to mine with the mountains in the background. It's a treasure.

Best wishes.

cobrafan

Michael,

We all have to make difficult decisions in life. Your making the right choice.

When the economy gets better hopefully you can get another one.

When your ready to get your replacement call me, I know this dealer in Georgia

that will cut you a good deal.

Good Luck

Wow...this is sad. When you make the right decisions everything will come around. I lived the entire cycle. Keep your faith...keep your chin up...you have a lot to be proud of...you are the man. Best to you and your family.

Nice cars, nice to see another old Shelby looks nice in White, I stumbled on this 1968 GT500KR Conv. 4 spd with AIR, getting the A/c worked on at a local shop, that is a one in a million moment to see KR VERT just sitting unattended, I went over to see it and it had, 00747 miles on it, it was as orig as it gets.

not for sale and it left in an enclosed trailer as the owner of the shop was freaking out over the attn it was getting, seriously, within 5 minutes 11 people were parked trying to find the owner. the owner of the shop had NO clue what the car even was, total moron, no habla.

It was simply surreal, what a awesome car

post-20972-1244162760_thumb.jpg

post-20972-1244162760_thumb.jpg

Michael

Sorry to hear about this we are all having tough time. My number was called up but i can't aford to do my car now w/ the building industry the way it is. I want to thank you for always taking time to talk with me and to answer my questions. I wish you and your family the best.

Take care

First, this is NOT a joke! With the car business the way it is right now I think the best thing for me to do is SELL 08SS0014. I have tried over the last month or so to do whatever it takes to keep the car, but I dont see anyway for it to stay :cry:

I love the car, but its JUST a car. When things get better (and they will) I will buy another! Im going to put the car on EBAY today or tomorrow. I would love for someone on TeamShelby to have it! What would be GREAT is someone that I know to buy it and then maybe in a few years I could buy it back!!!

This is not going to change anything with me. Im still going to do the SS registry and still going to KEEP up with the cars! I love Shelbys and specially the Super Snakes, but this is just a bad time for me to try and keep the car!

I just wanted my SS brothers and sisters to know FIRST! I didnt want yall to see the car on ebay and wonder what was going on! No rumors or gossip! Just think its best for my family to sell the car right now and weather the storm. Then come out on the other side bigger and better.

Please dont feel sorry for me. I have had a blast the last year driving and showing the car. Now its time for someone else to have the FIRST 725HP Super Snake!!

MM

Mike, best of luck, you're a fantastic source of truth and information for all of us. Hopefully the word will spread fast and you can get er sold right away.

Man I hate to hear it !!!!!!!!!!! You car was sweet at shelbybash!!! I know what your going through though, the ecomomy sucks . hang in there it has to turn around!!!, later Mickey

:censored:

I want your car, but the same reason you have to sell it is the same reason I cant buy it right now...

Heck, if I was in a better position, I would just buy a couple cars from you...still on my list: Terlingua, SGT, SS, Cobra 427 and of course the Series 1 second gen...I know at least 2 of those you could help me with if I could afford it right now! :drool:

You can always come and drive my father's! You sold it to him, and it never gets above 2000 rpm..it could use a good southern driver that knows how to drive. :shift:

Do try to find someone who would sell it back to you though...even at a little loss, its a better deal for your peace of mind. I'd hate for you to regret it for the rest of your life!

Let us know if we groupies can help! You have a big fanclub here MM, and Im honored to call you my friend!

Michael I have seen your car in calabasas if I am not mistaken, and I have spoken to you, sorry to hear of your impending sale, just look at it as trading it in for a newer model thats not yet finished; Amen brother about things getting better sure as heck we need it to.

Michael lives in Georgia. You have seen another TS members car at Calabasas.

That would be my SS in Calabasas, and sadly I may be selling her as well. :cry:

NO WAY. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

That would be my SS in Calabasas, and sadly I may be selling her as well. :cry:

This F/U economy is putting a lot of good people on their knees.

Were keeping the doors open over here but we definitely aren't planing any big purchases or vacations.

I feel bad for you guys that have to sell with the economy down your going to take a beating on your cars.

I do hope you get a good price for them.

Good Luck

NO WAY. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Yes, I'm sorry to say. Due to a drop in business, I had to put a hold on my Cobra project I started over 10 months ago. To get it going again I may choose to sell my SS. Marji is completely against this idea and has been giving me "the look" ever since I mentioned selling. I love this car and it makes me sick to part with her, but I'm running against time on the Cobra.

I have a meeting with the Shelby dealer Tuesday. Hopefully I will get a good picture on what my options are.

Michael- I too can relate to your situation. I put my SS deposit down in 11/07 and got the call this past January and asked for a little more time. I am in the financial business and just got walloped. Things got real lean....you are not alone. Your attitude is good and that will help you to move on until you return....and return you will. Please stay engaged on these forums because you are a real asset. We've spoken a few times by phone and you are a good guy. Best wishes and prayers my friend.

MM - Sorry to hear about whats happening. I work with auto dealers and totally understand what's going on.

I too had to sell my car several months ago, and miss her terribly but you are correct, it is just a car. I'll get another someday.

You are also correct in that the car doesn't make you who you are. My love for Shelby's has not ceased and I will never discontinue my efforts in putting on Shelbyfest or give up the passion.

Take care,

Kyle

Yes, I'm sorry to say. Due to a drop in business, I had to put a hold on my Cobra project I started over 10 months ago. To get it going again I may choose to sell my SS. Marji is completely against this idea and has been giving me "the look" ever since I mentioned selling. I love this car and it makes me sick to part with her, but I'm running against time on the Cobra.

I have a meeting with the Shelby dealer Tuesday. Hopefully I will get a good picture on what my options are.

you'll have the 40th and a Cobra, not a bad trade off

I heard you were selling, did not believe my ears! Sorry. Anyway, you know I hope that I would not buy a car or truck frm anyone else every again. You are my source! You are the best, so I hope all goes well. certainly better to be at Ford atleast than the other brands! I agree with other posts I think 2010 is going to be the turn around, faster than they predict.

Archived