TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Selling the Super Snake

First, this is NOT a joke! With the car business the way it is right now I think the best thing for me to do is SELL 08SS0014. I have tried over the last month or so to do whatever it takes to keep the car, but I dont see anyway for it to stay :cry:

I love the car, but its JUST a car. When things get better (and they will) I will buy another! Im going to put the car on EBAY today or tomorrow. I would love for someone on TeamShelby to have it! What would be GREAT is someone that I know to buy it and then maybe in a few years I could buy it back!!!

This is not going to change anything with me. Im still going to do the SS registry and still going to KEEP up with the cars! I love Shelbys and specially the Super Snakes, but this is just a bad time for me to try and keep the car!

I just wanted my SS brothers and sisters to know FIRST! I didnt want yall to see the car on ebay and wonder what was going on! No rumors or gossip! Just think its best for my family to sell the car right now and weather the storm. Then come out on the other side bigger and better.

Please dont feel sorry for me. I have had a blast the last year driving and showing the car. Now its time for someone else to have the FIRST 725HP Super Snake!!

MM

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real sorry to see this Michael, but your values are dead on, family comes first. And I thought I couldn't respect you any more then I already do.

Good luck with the sell and all the best to you and your family.

Dan

Damn MM, you are a great resource for SS knowledge. We all will miss having you as a sounding board to bounce ideas off of for what works and what doesn't with the car.

I hope things improve for you and your family. I am optomistic that 2010 we will start coming out of this crappy economy. I am not sure what SAI is doing for the 2010 model but I bet it is damn cool and probably an upgrade from the 07's to 09's.

Best of luck to you.

Sorry to hear that you need to sell. I enjoy your posts and the information you provide us, and hope you stick around here even after you sell the car.

I was hanging around here LONG before the SSs came out! Im not giving up on ownership of a Shelby, just having to take a break for alittle while! It will all turn around!

MM

I was hanging around here LONG before the SSs came out! Im not giving up on ownership of a Shelby, just having to take a break for alittle while! It will all turn around!

MM

This is the result of the new global economy, shame isn't it.

N.A.F.T.A along with the other bullshit trade agreements out there are destroying the fabric of the American workforce, BUY AMERICAN AND SUPPORT AMERICAN COMPANIES AND PRODUCTS.

Maybe when America puts tarrifs and embargo's on these foriegn products coming into our country things will change.

Time to creat PROTECTIONISM here, made in America with American products, built by English speaking American workers, and then maybe it will improve, our government has sold us out long ago.

Sorry to hear about you car M.M. as it is a beauty, if things dont improve on this end my KR will be gone as well.

MM

Good luck and God be with you.

Will you still be :lurk: ing around here? I don't know how, but maybe we can think of a way to send business your way.

Good luck and God be with you.

Will you still be :lurk: ing around here? I don't know how, but maybe we can think of a way to send business your way.

Thanks. I was on the Shelby site WAY before I ever got a Shelby. I hang around to help folks buy cars and give them what little info I might have.

Im not giving up my Shelby, just taking sometime away!!

MM

Sorry to hear the news Michael,

Its a shame you have to sell my "sister" car as you have said they were only 4 away from each other at Dearborn and #14 and #15 at Shelby, both torch red without stripes etc. Your car is a true collectors car, #1 customer delivered Super Snake, and well looked after, I hope you are able to get a record price for your second most prized asset.

I totally understand how family comes first (your first and most important asset), Look after your family and keep your head high buddy, you will get through the tough times and its easier with your family by your side.

It has being a hell year for the automotive industry, we should all be lucky that the Shelby Brand has survived through these times. Credit goes to the fantastic leadership team at Shelby with Amy at the helm.

Still as you say my friend, its a just a car at the end of the day. We all appreciate the work you have done with the Shelby Registry and for being such a fantastic supporter of all of us accross the globe who share the Shelby Journey and experience.

I hope 2010 brings new opportunities and good fortunes your way Michael, all the best.

Wow sorry to hear that Michael. You're probably doing the right thing for the family. After all, it is just a car. Yes, its a special car, but still just a car. Shelby will continue to build cars, I know you'll have another Shelby some day. We all still remember you from the old forum when you didn't even own a Shelby and all the help and information you gave us. So in our book you'll always be the "GODFATHER". :salute:

Thanks. I was on the Shelby site WAY before I ever got a Shelby. I hang around to help folks buy cars and give them what little info I might have.

Im not giving up my Shelby, just taking sometime away!!

MM

Come to think of it isn't there a Red ZR1 parked where your Snake was?, Noticed alot of your salesman wearing Bow-Ties as well.

I think he defected guys.

How much for the snake by the way, P.M me $ I will hep spread the word. Sad to hear you are selling it, awesome car.

MM, sorry to hear such news. As many have said and I too agree, you are doing the right thing for your family.

I will spread the word to my mustang clubs down here in South Florida that such a fantastic car is up for sale. I sure a TS member gets it.

Keep ya head up and good things will come your way.

I'd sell the car also. :cry: Probably get a lot more for it than I could get for my family anyway. :hysterical2:

Wish I had the $ to buy it from 'ya. I don't think I know anyone looking for a SS, but if I come across one I'll send em your way.

Wow! I'm sorry to hear this but totally understand why you have to.

You'll be back better then ever soon enough. Times will get better and I wish you the best in your sale.

I'm glad we were able to have some time with them together in Vegas.

Thanks for the Encouragement Guys!!! Things are going to turn around, but we need to be prepared!

Im not ashamed to tell yall what I need for the car. (Dr Evil Voice) " One BILLION Dollars!!!!" :headscratch:

I need to get close to 100K for the car. This covers what I paid and the shipping back and forth to SAI! I think in a GOOD economy the car would bring more, but I wouldnt have to sell it in a GOOD economy!!!

This is just a tad over what most folks are asking on ebay!

MM

Well MM, I haven't been around here too long as you can see from my registered date, but it didn't take me long before knowing that you are a hell of person to all of us here at TS forums. I don't own a Shelby, yet, but I'm looking forward to in the near future. I do own a HD F-150 that I'm very attached too but in the end it's just a truck huh! Sorry to hear the news and wish I could buy it from you but the circumstances are not lined up for me now. Good luck!

MM, your priorities are in the right place and while it is never nice to have to part with a car for financial reasons, as others have said, it is only a hunk of metal. From reading your post and chatting with you via PM, I can tell you're a stand up guy - the decision your making only underlines this.

:)

Archived