TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TVS Procal Mileage

Light66

So your cars mpg is showing a improvment? That is great. This is the second time I've heard that comment, so that is interesting.

Are you happy with the other benefits of the FRPP TVS kit?

Yes it is very interesting. Am I happy? Yes, very much. The car feels like it was made for the TVS. The boost pressure is much more responsive to mild throttle inputs. The engine feels very linear in power. At 6400 ft. elevation, the stock unit would give about 6 psi, now I have seen 9 psi. I am sure it will give a couple extra psi if I dig deeper into the throttle. With my stock 3.31 rear end, clutch pack moan and all, from a 20 mph roll will give a lot more wheel spin.....with no wheel hop....one of my first mods was to change the UCA, only.

I feel the TVS is a great middle ground between the stock unit and the other third party units. If I wanted more extreme, I feel the other third party units will get you there. It's all a matter of what you are looking for. Oh yeah, I have kept the stock throttle body and pulley. So very pleased with the TVS install, plus it was fun to do.

It's funny you say that because since I put my TVS on I've noticed an overall mileage improvement. I run a custom tune instead of the Pro Cal. I measure every tankful, combined mileage fill up to fill up. Before the TVS I never go better than 15.5 avg for a tankful. Now I haven't seen less than 16.5, sometimes more. I don't drive any different, if anything I'm more aggressive. The best thing about the TVS is not just the power, but the overall drivability of the car and increased throttle response throughout.

Hey Red if you're thinking about a TVS, go for it. You have the benefit of staying all FRPP parts but with virtual unlimited potential if you want to go crazy.

I don't know of any custom or dyno tune that doesn't increase mileage...... :tease: JK... :) Thats if you can keep your foot out of it. More timing and precise A/F mixture will increase mileage. Or houston we have a problem... I never really checked mine before. Wonder how many 1/4 miles i get to a gallon. I'm thinking about one or less.... :headscratch:

It's funny you say that because since I put my TVS on I've noticed an overall mileage improvement. I run a custom tune instead of the Pro Cal. I measure every tankful, combined mileage fill up to fill up. Before the TVS I never go better than 15.5 avg for a tankful. Now I haven't seen less than 16.5, sometimes more. I don't drive any different, if anything I'm more aggressive. The best thing about the TVS is not just the power, but the overall drivability of the car and increased throttle response throughout.

Hey Red if you're thinking about a TVS, go for it. You have the benefit of staying all FRPP parts but with virtual unlimited potential if you want to go crazy.

I think I will join the TVS club,soon. I really like the FRPP stuff!

GT500Tow- I'm not even going to try to keep up with you. I'd like to check out some of your mods in person some day.

Archived