TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer let me test drive for weekend

idareu

The dealer let me test drive a 2009 G 8 Gt for the weekend. I was thinking about picking one up as my daily driver. The deal seems good, Gms plus $7250 in rebates when you count the $2360 I have on a ext family card. so that makes it about $9200 total off MSRP, sweet!

Now after driving this car i'm thinking this car is too nice to use as a daily driver, especially with the harsh winters we have. I owned a 04 GTO and drove it through three winters with just two snow tires until the lease ended.

I have to say I'm very impressed with this car. The interior seems much more upscale compared to my gT500 and the stereo is amazing , I only have the base radio in the shelby. It just glides down the sound very smooth and very fast for its size. To me the engine purs as if metal were fur. The shelby is just a beast of as a car not as refined in the ride quality, I suspect the IRS vs the solid rear axle is one of the reasons plus the 19 inch tires.

If I buy this car I will be streching my budget to do it, not that I can't pay the payments but I'm a bit frugle and set a little lower payment in my sights.

I'm thinking of maybe trading the Shelby on a GXP, I would have to really see a big big differnce in power for that.

btw the 09 g8 Gxp is themost powerful Pontiac ever ever made and it is limited to 1800 units, there will be no 2010 GXP.

DEEsbday412.jpg

The dealer let me test drive a 2009 G 8 Gt for the weekend. I was thinking about picking one up as my daily driver. The deal seems good, Gms plus $7250 in rebates when you count the $2360 I have on a ext family card. so that makes it about $9200 total off MSRP, sweet!

Now after driving this car i'm thinking this car is too nice to use as a daily driver, especially with the harsh winters we have. I owned a 04 GTO and drove it through three winters with just two snow tires until the lease ended.

I have to say I'm very impressed with this car. The interior seems much more upscale compared to my gT500 and the stereo is amazing , I only have the base radio in the shelby. It just glides down the sound very smooth and very fast for its size. To me the engine purs as if metal were fur. The shelby is just a beast of as a car not as refined in the ride quality, I suspect the IRS vs the solid rear axle is one of the reasons plus the 19 inch tires.

If I buy this car I will be streching my budget to do it, not that I can't pay the payments but I'm a bit frugle and set a little lower payment in my sights.

I'm thinking of maybe trading the Shelby on a GXP, I would have to really see a big big differnce in power for that.

btw the 09 g8 Gxp is themost powerful Pontiac ever ever made and it is limited to 1800 units, there will be no 2010 GXP.

DEEsbday412.jpg

Are you sure about the IRS?

When Pontiac is closed for good the G 8 resale value will drop like a lead balloon. Buy one a year from now. Forget how much discount your getting it's only half the story. The Shelby will bottom out in time and hold it's value much better in the long run. If they stop making Shelby's in the future that will be in your favor. You will be upside down on this car from day one. 1800 units has no meaning because this is not a collectable car. The dealer will give you wholesale on you Shelby ( $ 31500 ) if your lucky. I bet your Shelby will bottom out higher than that. It's your call. The must powerfull pontiac ever made was the 1973 455 super duty Trans Am . There will be NO Pontiac period. GM has not made a correct decision in the past 10 years, so why allow them to close Pontiac. Buick is the old man's golf crowd division that needs to go. I think the G8 is a sharp car it's just too late .

Archived