TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SO CLOSE...and yet so far!

Embalmer

Got a call on my cell today from my salesman - car's here! "Just come down and pick it up - you can drive it over the holiday weekend and we'll handle the paperwork on Monday." Sounds GREAT! I'm at work with a huge smile on my face for about an hour until he calls back. "Since it's the holiday tomorrow our service department is leaving today at noon and they won't have a chance to do the PDI until Friday." D'oh! So, I went by the dealership tonight just after 5 to find they closed early for Thanksgiving. The car is in one of their showrooms. This is as close as I got. Notice the keys in the door?

Picture054.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Just two more days... :drop:

Well, she's in the garage! I still have to sign on the dotted line but they let me take her home today. I'm still getting used to the clutch engagement, and I stalled it once in reverse. I'm slightly disappointed in the lumbar feature of the driver's seat. At full setting, I can barely feel it. Also - I went with the salesman to fill it up and the pump stopped after 11 gallons (3/4 full). We had to invert the nozzle to get the rest in.

Here's what I love (so far):

Car feels really solid. I love the thunks over the bumps! Steering is quick and body roll is a lot less than my T-Bird. I really like the stereo, lighting, little gadgets and doodads like the headlights coming on when you unlock using the keyfob. I love the spoilerless look and the fanblades. I love how everyone wants to race you - even old guys in 1992 F-150's! I will definately post pics as soon as I can get them(really busy at work the past 4 days)

Well, she's in the garage! I still have to sign on the dotted line but they let me take her home today. I'm still getting used to the clutch engagement, and I stalled it once in reverse. I'm slightly disappointed in the lumbar feature of the driver's seat. At full setting, I can barely feel it. Also - I went with the salesman to fill it up and the pump stopped after 11 gallons (3/4 full). We had to invert the nozzle to get the rest in.

Here's what I love (so far):

Car feels really solid. I love the thunks over the bumps! Steering is quick and body roll is a lot less than my T-Bird. I really like the stereo, lighting, little gadgets and doodads like the headlights coming on when you unlock using the keyfob. I love the spoilerless look and the fanblades. I love how everyone wants to race you - even old guys in 1992 F-150's! I will definately post pics as soon as I can get them(really busy at work the past 4 days)

That thing with the pump shutting off at 11 gallons is odd. My GT does not do that. Maybe the pump you went to pumped extra fast and there was some sort of air build up ? Enjoy your new car... friend.

Nice looking car, congratulations. I am close to getting one also, just deciding on if I am going to sell my bike for a huge downpayment, or talk the wifey into letting me keep the bike and get a new 'stang :finger: That will be the day!

:happy feet: Ask her real nice :happy feet:

Then beg. :drool:

Nice looking car, congratulations. I am close to getting one also, just deciding on if I am going to sell my bike for a huge downpayment, or talk the wifey into letting me keep the bike and get a new 'stang :finger: That will be the day!

I had to promise to sell my bike (2000 HD Heritage Softail) in the spring to get mine. But, with working from home and an 18 month old, we never get to ride anyway. The vert is fun, fast, and family friendly. I'll miss the bike, but I think I have a suitable replacement. :)

Looking forward to some pics. I hate when the lights come on using the key fob and when the doors auto lock! I want to do that stuff myself. I will be changing that stuff to my preference. Everyone wants something different. :happy feet:

You can configure both if you have the automatic. You cannot configure the manual to do autolock for some reason. Or is it that you can't configure the convertible? I forget. I think that it is the manual. Either way, since I have a manual convertible, I know that I cannot turn this feature on.

Woo Hoo. :happy feet:

Congrats! :banana piano:

Yeah - I've tried 3 times to disable the headlights on feature and no can do.

And - I have to hold the nozzle sideways and slowly fill the tank. Someone said they have a fix - but they have to replace the tank? Not in my car.

Enjoy the ride, bro! Pics - pics - pics! :shift:

:happy feet:

Try keeping yourself out of the car!

I'll bet you go out and sit in her for a while tonight and just take it in!

Rock & Roll, baby. :shift:

Last night I went to "take the dog out" and I just sat in her for about 5 minutes. There is nothing more intoxicating than the smell of the interior of this car!!!

Does this car really weigh 4450 pounds? Or is that the maximum weight w/passengers?

Mustang020.jpg

Archived