TEAM SHELBY FORUM

paxton for cars under # 200 ???????

i have a shelby gt stick # 105 and am thinking of supercharging and am reading some stuff about the paxton on these cars for numbers under 200 what does this mean !!! I drive my car daily.im confused about these things ??thinking of going paxton ??/!!@@+++

I'll try to help but your post is a little vague. Which number under 200 (CSM)? Or what is the thread or source you are refering to?

In the meantime. The last time I heard, the Paxton was still not 50 state legal on any Shelby GT. Originally the Paxton did pass the CARB rating on the 2007s. It never passed on the 2008. Than the CARB people determined a mistake was made with the 2007 approval. No foul with the previously installed units but no more could be installed.

Shelby Autos was already offering the FRPP Whipple at that point. Then based on the Super Snake relationship with Kenne Bell they began installing Kenne Bells on Shelby GTs. Currently those are the only two offerings from Shelby Autos and the Mod Shops for a Shelby GT/SC conversion. But you could install your choice of several different supercharges at any good Mustang shop.

ok mine is number 105,and i live in florida and talked to tampa bay shelby and they install the paxtons

Quantum or Tasca will install a Paxton too. Im sure any ther speed shop will also install a Paxton. Tampa Bay Shelby is NOT an authorized Shelby mod shop.

The problem is the Paxton is not 50 state legal. Therefore, It can not have any association with SAI, this means no registry entry as a authorized GT/SC.

If you want the registry mark, or to have a true GT/SC your only choices are either Whipple or the Kenne Bell. Thats all. Thanx.

Chris

Archived