TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What was your first mod?

chivas1

I took care of what was lacking on the car first. The small heat exchanger and the squishy rubber rear control arm bushings had to go! Installed Revan Racing super dual pass dual fan heat exchanger and polyurethane upper and lower control arm bushings first. Sequential taillights during the same time as well.

1IMG_1380.jpg

1IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

1IMG_1599.jpg

1IMG_1165.jpg

I took care of what was lacking on the car first. The small heat exchanger and the squishy rubber rear control arm bushings had to go! Installed Revan Racing super dual pass dual fan heat exchanger and polyurethane upper and lower control arm bushings first. Sequential taillights during the same time as well.

1IMG_1380.jpg

1IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

1IMG_1599.jpg

1IMG_1165.jpg

Wow, those pics sure look good. Thanks and nice mods too.

Shorty antenna! :happy feet:

OK. I was a little slow to jump on doing mods. I just put in my FRPP/VMP stage 1 last weekend, so I am slowly coming around.

You can't ever be too slow to mod, you do what you can, when you can!!

FRPP Handling Pack and rear quarter louvers. Had them done before I even had the car sent to me. The pics came from the dealership as they were getting them done.

post-13314-1243625746_thumb.jpg

post-13314-1243625764_thumb.jpg

post-13314-1243625786_thumb.jpg

post-13314-1243625807_thumb.jpg

post-13314-1243625826_thumb.jpg

post-13314-1243625840_thumb.jpg

post-13314-1243625746_thumb.jpg

post-13314-1243625764_thumb.jpg

post-13314-1243625786_thumb.jpg

post-13314-1243625807_thumb.jpg

post-13314-1243625826_thumb.jpg

post-13314-1243625840_thumb.jpg

The day after I took delivery I had it up on jack stands removing the exhaust to install the Magnaflow 3" magnapac mid pipe back system. (You should have seen the wifes face when see walked into the garage to see the car on the stands and me sliding the factory pipes and mufflers out from under the car)

2 weeks later came the JLT intake, VMP 2.6 pulley and VMP tune.

I see a couple owners that did the hood lift mod. Is that mod used to raise the hood w/o using the factory bar.

Yes, you get rid of the hood prop. Here is a picture of the RedlineTuning sturts. After I took the picture I removed the prop from the car.

struts001.jpg

Signature plate

Shorty Antenna

Sequential taillights

New rotors, pads and super dot 4 fluid

Moroso tanks

Evo Stage 2

Hoosiers with new wheels

That was last year. This year is a different beast all together.

Hey GT500 owners, what was your first mod you did to your shelby? I know some did several mods in one shot, but curious to know how many owners thought of the samething.

My first mods are in my sig file...the ones being done right now are in the coming this summer part.

In terms of spending: Super Snake package.

In terms of installation:

Sequential tail lights

Oil catch can

Signed dash plaque

Dynamat sound proofing

Street Eagle GPS anti-theft system and

The SS package

Yet to come:

Hood lift struts

Cooling upgrade

Round one started within a few weeks of having the car, after a couple of months round two is starting:

Round 1

1. KR axlebacks (car sounds much better with them)

2. Evo stage II

3. Shelby power plug cover

4. KR shifter

Round 2

1. Whipple 2.9 kit from Lethal, whipple intake too

2. Shelby cooling system, just waiting on it.

3. Griggs SS with watts, and most every option they offer, shipped thursday, except for front springs

4. Kooks long tubes with offroad x pipe

5. Window tinting, next saturday!!!

6. DSS one piece driveshaft

I have alot of the parts for round 2 sitting on my garage floor, but moving my fiance in, finishing my basement and working on getting the yard in have taken priority. Good news is by next weekend most of the basement will be done, fiance will be moved, fence will be up, so within a couple weeks should be able to start playing with the car more, in the mean time I just drive it as much as possible.

After these mods, I am going to sign up for the 3 day driver school at miller motorsports park, and then start doing a little bit of racing I hope.

My car came with the Shelby dash plaque and the Shelby floor/trunk mats, so I don't count those...

My first mods, all installed within a few days of each other, were painted GT/CS side scoops, painted mirror covers, and a shorty antenna. Soon after that came the KR shifter and FRPP GTA mufflers.

Now I'm saving my pennies for the Handling Pack. Hopefully before the end of this year! happy%20feet.gif

Round one started within a few weeks of having the car, after a couple of months round two is starting:

After these mods, I am going to sign up for the 3 day driver school at miller motorsports park, and then start doing a little bit of racing I hope.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Keep the mods coming, congrats!

In the 300 miles (yes, three hundred) since I bought my car (car now has 1800 miles), I've installed the FRPP handling pack, J&M billet LCA's/aluminum adj. panhard bar, FRPP TVS, Cobra Jet TB, and VMP 2.65" pulley/idler/tune. To most, car looks stock, which was the plan. Oh yeah, did hood struts, too!

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

Archived