TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What was your first mod?

chivas1

In the 300 miles (yes, three hundred) since I bought my car (car now has 1800 miles), I've installed the FRPP handling pack, J&M billet LCA's/aluminum adj. panhard bar, FRPP TVS, Cobra Jet TB, and VMP 2.65" pulley/idler/tune. To most, car looks stock, which was the plan. Oh yeah, did hood struts, too!

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!!!

I ordered the dash plaque for my 09 today, so that will be number one...

Next she is going in for black stripes... I think thestripes really add to the car... I like the silver stripes on the torch red but I think black stripes will flow better with the black cloth top... Plus the side stripe is already black and they look great too on red...

After that I am thinking cai, tune and mufflers...

I like that short throw shifter idea, and the list goes on and on...

But I have to say, just stock out of the box this is the finest ride I have owned... I love my Shelby and I have only had it a week... I have had a ton of hot rods that match the power but when you add the technology refinement there is no comparison...

This beast rocks!! And I mean beast in the nicest way!!

It has taken me a while to get started, I bought my '09 Vapor with Black Stripes on Halloween.

After much soul searching and research on this site, I addressed several issues at the same time.

1) 3.73 rear end

2) Short Throw Shifter

3) H-Pipe

4) KR mufflers

5) SVT X3 93 octane tune

I am extremely pleased with all of them, but I think the rear end change has made the biggest improvement in drivability. The H-Pipe and KR mufflers were the biggest improvement in enjoyability !!

-Tom

Archived