TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt Production Details for each car??

bxrman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Randy, I think the best one is "who" built your car. You tell them, I won't even go there LOL

The car had the S/C install after it left here-post title. If it was done while still here, it would show in the system.

Bud

Thanks for the answer Bud. And thank you for getting my build sheet to me, excellent service.

OK on the other hand, when would a post title SC change out be in the registry? I think if you had it built that way from the get-go your car is considered"factory' built, not an after thought. Just like my interior upgrade that I am having done now, but it wasn't offered until a month or so ago , so I guess it could not have been done at the inception and actual build time. I hope the guys that had the SC installed post title have it appear as it was done at inception on the registry?? Hmmmmmm.....

Hi all!!!

This info is what is in our OASIS system. This is not the official registry info. That will come later. When we started these cars, OASIS was new to us. We had to learn the system. Some of the earlier cars may only show something like "mods done" or "ok to ship" or something on that line. Then we learned the system and more info was inputted. Now, that info was for us to know to hold the car for mods. It was not for the registry--it was for the techs to know to bring the vehicle back in to do the mods--nothing more. All of the info for the mods are in the files which are about 2 feet behind me :) Those are what we work off of, not the info in OASIS. This way nothing is missed.

And when the system was in full bloom (some of the earlier 07's) the tech's needed to check off the steps and that went into the system. Now, if they were to do that step by step, it would take a week to build LOL. So instead of slowing the line down, the techs did the build, inspected, then checked off the steps. This is why it looks like the car was built by Greg Biffle's pit crew :hysterical:

Then it was changed in the later part of 07 and for the 08's. We changed our ways of building and documenting the build. The tech's built the car, then it went to Reggie (many of you have seen his name :) ) and he and his team inspected the car and checked off the steps. If it passed, it went onto QC and then shipped.

Hopefully this will answer some of your questions you may of had :)

Bud

Thanks again Bud. :salute:

I assumed the 2-3 minute times on the installs were the inspection times after the mods were completed. I remember the article in the 2007 Annual where it stated the mods took about 2.5 hours from start to finish. Even that is an amazing time frame to me. :happy feet:

• 5 years later...

Archived