TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock 17" tires

Hi guys,

Though I am always tempted to mod my car, with the exception of my CS signed airbag cover I plan to fight the temptations and keep my car completley stock.. However, I will soon be needing some new rear tires, fronts arent bad but I plan to replace all 4.. Keeping on stock 17" rims I can replace my tires with the same Pirelli P Zero Nero P235/55ZR17 ... however I was thinking of replacing them with a slightly larger Pirelli, perhaps P Zero 245 or 255/45ZR17's? (A little wider and lower profile)

My question is : has anyone done this with their tires on the stock rims? and keeping in mind I am trying to keep the car stock would increasing the tire size alter my intensions in anyway or does it reallly matter?

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated as always Thanks

I would do it I hate the narrow looking tires... I would go with 275-45-17 all the way around not to big and not to narrow just right, and it really does give the rear of the car a whole new look..... Also if you can afford them I would go with the goodyear eagle f-1 gs ds tires they are a kick azz looking tire with very good grip.....:happy feet:

You have 17-inch tires? What happened to the 18-inchers that came on the car?

:headscratch:

Sam

AKA:

275's will fit no problem front and rear? Dang... It bet that does look nice..! :) (All of 06 GT-H's came with 17's.. the 07 GT-H Vert came with the black 18's..

275's will fit no problem front and rear? Dang... It bet that does look nice..! :) (All of 06 GT-H's came with 17's.. the 07 GT-H Vert came with the black 18's..

I'll advocate checking the Tirerack.com specifications for rim width for any tire you anticipate using. In ordinary driving it's probably not real risky to go oversize a notch or two, but "enthusiastic" use may reveal unforseen handling quirks.

Goodyear doesn't seem to have a 275-45-17; they do have a 255-45-17 or two; recommended rim width 8"-9.5". Diameter is only 1.2" smaller than your standard tires; big speedometer discrepancy, there; resettable by your dealer or a tuner.

Maybe you'll find a different brand with a better compromise of fits?

Well I'll be darned! Ya learn something new everyday!

Sam

AKA:

Archived