TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Time to Remember -

8 years old picking up eggs in the chicken coop at 5 in the morning.

5:30 am Shovel cow shit out of the stall before going to school.

Then milk a dozen cows and collect all the milk in punchins to be

seperated.

Then feed all the animals after everything was clean.

Then it was time for the 2.5 mile walk to school in all weather

smelling like cows, chickens, pigs and feed.

Then come home from school. Go get all the animals from the

pasture and put them in the barn. Then it was play time

A long stick with a paint can lid nailed to one end..Then run like hell

and pretend it was a bike.

Yeeeeeehhhh the old days were fun :hysterical:

Drive-in movies were always fun ,we used to go to the local figure 8 track ,we would all pile in the back up the neighbors p/u when it was legal ,neighborhood parties ,high school ,cruising with the friends hanging out at hardee's parking lot on fri night those were the days thats for sure

seperated.

WOW.....no wander my Eyes water every time I log on here........ It's been what, 40 Years now, GO TAKE A BATH ALREADY............................

:hysterical:

Drive-in movies were always fun ,we used to go to the local figure 8 track ,we would all pile in the back up the neighbors p/u when it was legal ,neighborhood parties ,high school ,cruising with the friends hanging out at hardee's parking lot on fri night those were the days thats for sure

The Scariest Movie at the Time, and I saw it at the Drive In........."Night of the Living Dead".........it still gives me the willies..........

Then came "Dawn of the Dead"..........I stayed out of the Malls for Two Years after seeing that one..................

We used to cruise down Whittier Blvd. Maximum speed was maybe 3 mph. It was always jam packed on Fri and Sat nites with all the late 60's muscle cars till they started closing it down. We also spent lots of time at the Bob's Big Boy drive in. Knotts Berry Farm was free back then, the beach, hs football games, the after parties up in the Whittier hills, Dodger Stadium back when the players were real people and not the spoiled *&^% that they are now. I could go on and on. Those were a lot more simple times and people were always around to help you out if needed.

seperated.

Wow and I thought my dad was the only one that had these fun times.

I miss the good 'ole' days.... :cry: a few of my favorite times were rollerskating, dancing to disco.... :dance: chasing and being chased by boys.... :happy feet:

Ok, I'll play...

the streets were lined with muscle cars from end to end....drive in movies.....sneeking into drive in movies......dirt track racing (just about everywhere you see a major mall these days once stood the Fairgrounds where dirt track racing took place every Saturday night)........my no gear peddle bike with banana seat......ringo leavio......skateboards.........graffiti.......mescaline.........filling watermelons with bottles of vodka in the park and then cutting them up and eating the water melon............plugging our boom boxes into street lights with a .20 piece from the hardware store.......TV repair shops.........$2.00 tickets to Yankee Stadium.........sketching.............water balloon fights.........attacking city buses with open windows with water balloons in Summer.........the ICE CREAM TRUCK.....

....the grease pole at the local feast on Villa Ave......sneeking into the Bronx Zoo only to find out we climbed into the Bison habitat........Ace, King, Queen.....

stickball........baseball on concrete.........football in traffic.........climbing every tree worthy.........my first paying job, 12 years old.....Sundays with my Dad......taking 2 buses each way to the beach with Mom.......

These are things people from the NY/NJ areas might relate to growing up in the mid to late 60s.

Going "down the shore" to Asbury Park(home of the Boss) or Seaside Heights.

Hanging out on Main St. watching the nightly unofficial cruises and occasaional drag race out on the 4 lane.

Olympic Park and Palisades Park(thanks Freddie Cannon).

Trips to the Village to see real hippies.

Going to New Hope, PA to see more hippies.

Englishtown on Saturdays for the huge swap meet and Sunday for the drags.

Going to Newark or JFK airports to watch planes.

Going thru the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels

Watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan

Listening to Jean Shepard (Christmas Story fame) on WOR radio every week night

When I fire up my SGT and turn up my Shaker 500 full of my oldies CDs, a part of me is back in these times.

:happy feet:

WOW.....no wander my Eyes water every time I log on here........ It's been what, 40 Years now, GO TAKE A BATH ALREADY............................

:hysterical:

I did bath....At least twice since then. :hysterical:

Yes and think we had the meanest bull in the world...we would take the cows

out to the pasture and he was ok till he seen a human then he would freak...

I'll tell you even though I was only 8 when I'd see him running after me I'm

sure I would of given Carl Lewis a run for his money... :hysterical:

Looking back there are times I could cry...And other times I have a great laugh.

My brother was 8 years older than I, he took me out cruisin' on Woodward Ave in the late '50's. All the places are gone now, but I still remember riding in the front seat of that '52 Ford with cement blocks in the trunk to lower the rear end so he had to carefully enter the driveways of the local restaurants.

I remember the Red Wings were gods when I would watch them on the radio. The radio was 4 feet tall and 2 feet wide and I would sit or lie down and stare at it while the games were on. No listening and doing something else. How was I to know it would be 40 years till they won the Stanley Cup again. Who says things can't be as good again.

John

Archived