TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Time to Remember -

I've been trying to downplay all the current negative news recently to keep my spirits up.

I got to thinking back when I was younger and what sort of things made me happy.

The following list will only resonate with those of you in my age bracket. But regardless of age, you'll have your own lists.

Sunday comics - comic books (Superman, etc) - TableTalk Pies - the Original Skateboards (with metal wheels!) - 20" Banana Seat bikes - Cap Guns - Tonka Toy trucks - AMT 1/24 scale car models - Testa paints - Jiffy Pop Popcorn in the foil tray you'd shake over the burner - hula hoops - AM Radio with the Top 40 Countdown every week (Murray the K and Cousin Brucie in NYC) - White Castle Cheeseburgers - Do Wop Music (the Four Seasons - Dion & the Belmonts) - Jan & Dean - The Beach Boys - Motown - LP's - 45 singles - black lights - Pop Rocks Candy - Frisbees - Pot - Beer - Girls who wore stockings - Hot Pants - Balsa Wood glider planes - Kites - Converse sneakers - Firecrackers - Color TV - 8 Track Stereos - FM radio - The Superman TV series - Leave it to Beaver - James Dean -

Ring any bells? :happy feet:

Yeah the good ole days.. life seemed alot more simple back then... Surfing, hanging on the Asbury Park Boardwalk, crusing and collecting a pocket full of change that gave ya 1/2 tank of gas and paid for the parking...

Big Wheels, Go Carts pot and beer just not in that order..LOL

I've been trying to downplay all the current negative news recently to keep my spirits up.

I got to thinking back when I was younger and what sort of things made me happy.

The following list will only resonate with those of you in my age bracket. But regardless of age, you'll have your own lists.

Sunday comics - comic books (Superman, etc) - TableTalk Pies - the Original Skateboards (with metal wheels!) - 20" Banana Seat bikes - Cap Guns - Tonka Toy trucks - AMT 1/24 scale car models - Testa paints - Jiffy Pop Popcorn in the foil tray you'd shake over the burner - hula hoops - AM Radio with the Top 40 Countdown every week (Murray the K and Cousin Brucie in NYC) - White Castle Cheeseburgers - Do Wop Music (the Four Seasons - Dion & the Belmonts) - Jan & Dean - The Beach Boys - Motown - LP's - 45 singles - black lights - Pop Rocks Candy - Frisbees - Pot - Beer - Girls who wore stockings - Hot Pants - Balsa Wood glider planes - Kites - Converse sneakers - Firecrackers - Color TV - 8 Track Stereos - FM radio - The Superman TV series - Leave it to Beaver - James Dean -

Ring any bells? :happy feet:

Oh yea... Roller Skating, Ice Skating, hockey, and how about cruising, up here in the PNW we used to cruise "the gut" every Friday and Saturday night, Colby Ave in Everett WA, Golden Gardens in Seattle, Lake City way in Seattle. Then one day they made it illegal :cry:

There are many good childhood memories. For most of us with our Mustangs, we are living one we could not afford back then. Life was simple then, not so now. To many people who want to run our lives for us, not sure howwe got here. Escape and get in some windsheild time, that makes me feel better every time. :happy feet:

I forgot to mention cruising!

We had a "loop" that was from the hamburger stand to the beach and back. If we lingered too long at either end, the cops would roust us!

We'd just poke along and wave at each other.

Along about midnight - we'd try to muster up at least one race. We never drank when we wanted to race. And we lied about who won! :hysterical:

More and more is flooding back!

Back in the late '60's - they didn't have window tint film. They had spray cans of tint! So we'd try to get the windows clean and spray! Bubbles always followed! :hysterical:

I forgot to mention cruising!

We had a "loop" that was from the hamburger stand to the beach and back. If we lingered too long at either end, the cops would roust us!

We'd just poke along and wave at each other.

Along about midnight - we'd try to muster up at least one race. We never drank when we wanted to race. And we lied about who won! :hysterical:

I can remember... it seemed like every week I had to work on my ride to make the Friday cruise. Had an old 56ford Vic y-block tha I built up to oh.... what.. maybe 180hp. Put in a 3-speed and Husrt shifter on the floor. We used to have this little wrecking yard close to home, I think I bought just about every ford 3-speed trans he had over a year or so, blew em up like they were going out of style. Great times.

Sunday Comics - Home Made Go Karts - Radio Flyer Wagons - Stingray bike with the Tall Sissy Bar - Tonka Toy trucks - AMT 1/25 Scale Car Models - Testa paints - High School Football Games - Watching the Girls do the Hula Hoop - .14 Cent McDonalds Hamburgers, Fry's and Triple Thick Chocolate Shake - KC and the Sunshine Band - The Beach Boys - ZOTS Candy - RC Cola and a ZERO Candy bar - Frisbees - Hot Pants - Balsa Wood Glider Planes - Little Green Army Men and Fire Crackers - Kites - New Converse Sneakers - Bottle Rocket Fights - The Superman, Batman, Lone Ranger, Dark Shadows , The Monkees TV Shows - A&W Rootbeer Stands - Dairy Queen Dipped Cones - Touch Football in a Vacant Lot - Tree Forts - Seeing First Playboy - First Date - First Girlfriend - First Car - First Kiss - First "TIME" - Camping in a Friends Back Yard - Looking for Pop Bottles to turn in for Candy Money...........................

I can remember... it seemed like every week I had to work on my ride to make the Friday cruise. Had an old 56ford Vic y-block tha I built up to oh.... what.. maybe 180hp. Put in a 3-speed and Husrt shifter on the floor. We used to have this little wrecking yard close to home, I think I bought just about every ford 3-speed trans he had over a year or so, blew em up like they were going out of style. Great times.

That's Exactly what I'm talkin about! :happy feet:

Sunday Comics - Home Made Go Karts - Radio Flyer Wagons - Stingray bike with the Tall Sissy Bar - Tonka Toy trucks - AMT 1/25 Scale Car Models - Testa paints - High School Football Games - Watching the Girls do the Hula Hoop - .14 Cent McDonalds Hamburgers, Fry's and Triple Thick Chocolate Shake - KC and the Sunshine Band - The Beach Boys - ZOTS Candy - RC Cola and a ZERO Candy bar - Frisbees - Hot Pants - Balsa Wood Glider Planes - Little Green Army Men and Fire Crackers - Kites - New Converse Sneakers - Bottle Rocket Fights - The Superman, Batman, Lone Ranger, Dark Shadows , The Monkees TV Shows - A&W Rootbeer Stands - Dairy Queen Dipped Cones - Touch Football in a Vacant Lot - Tree Forts - Seeing First Playboy - First Date - First Girlfriend - First Car - First Kiss - First "TIME" - Camping in a Friends Back Yard - Looking for Pop Bottles to turn in for Candy Money...........................

:happy feet:

Back in the late '50's - my Dad would take us to the A&W Root Beer joint.

He had a '57 Chevy Vert.

The girl would come out and put a tray on Dad's window sill and take our order.

I'd always get a hot dog and a frosty mug of Root Beer!

Mom would be in the back seat with sailors. :lurk:

Back in the late '50's - my Dad would take us to the A&W Root Beer joint.

He had a '57 Chevy Vert.

The girl would come out and put a tray on Dad's window sill and take our order.

I'd always get a hot dog and a frosty mug of Root Beer!

Mom would be in the back seat with sailors. :lurk:

Living in the Seattle area, we would visit Vancouver BC alot to visit relatives. We would always get Mom and Dad to stop at the White Spot Drive-in. Now in the US drive-ins the service tray would hang on the window outside the car, but in Canada, they had this 6ft tray that reached clear across the car window to window :hysterical: Think about it; trying to shove this 6ft tray with food and drinks on it into the car parked beteen other cars. Only in Canada!

Archived