TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Drove a 2010 Mustang for a Week!

Imatk

So last week I was in L.A. to visit some friends and I got to rent a 2010 Mustang!

I gotta say it was pretty cool overall. Didn't make me want to rush out and trade my '06 or '07 but it was pretty neat.

I hadn't seen one other than pics on the net so I took about five minutes just walking around it and checking it out. I think the rental guys thought I was nuts :)

Anyway the rear is, in fact, HIDEOUS!

I thought it person I might like it better.... NOPE.

They changed the HVAC controls to buttons. ALL buttons. Which at first you wouldn't think was a big deal right? Well.... it's kind of like having a knob for your radio... much better while driving. Buttons need to be looked at, knobs don't.

And they added a trunk release button. Unfortunately they added it right next to the gear shift. So guess what? I probably popped the trunk five times while I was there that week. I would guess they could reprogram the button so it doesn't work while driving, but I don't know. Either way it needs to be addressed because that got REALLY tiring.

It was a V6 so I couldn't really compare it performance-wise to my GT500 but it was fun to drive and other than a few little things on the interior that I didn't like and that butt ugly rear it was a pretty neat car.

I wrote a whole thing about it on my blog if you're interested.... it's in my sig ;)

No kidding, lmao!!! I am glad they put that in there, but I wonder what dummy put it where it was going to get bumped all the time... Hm... probably the same one that figured it wasn't a bad idea to stick a CB-length antenna on the S197's, :hysterical2:

No kidding, lmao!!! I am glad they put that in there, but I wonder what dummy put it where it was going to get bumped all the time... Hm... probably the same one that figured it wasn't a bad idea to stick a CB-length antenna on the S197's, :hysterical2:

Yeah it's just one of those little things. I'm sure they thought it was a good idea at the time, but in practice it's just not good placement. Unless they reprogram it so it can't pop the trunk while the car is on the move :)

I have seen several and I like the car with the exception of the ass end. I am guessing it was done so they can make changes to it later and call it an updated model. Manufacturers have design improvements years in advance. They just roll them out slowly to help sell new versions of the same old car.

Ford probably got so tired of hearing S197 guys complain about no trunk release that they put it there on purpose so it would work all the time whether we wanted it too or not!!!

Ford probably got so tired of hearing S197 guys complain about no trunk release that they put it there on purpose so it would work all the time whether we wanted it too or not!!!

Now I didn't think of that :)

You might have something there!

What year did they drop the trunk release? I had a 87GT and that had a hatch release. Had that car till the 08 took its place.

You know I'm not sure, my '91 has the trunk release so maybe they didn't include it on the post-fox body cars.

Archived