TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hurst Equipped Emblem

I've really been interested in placing these badges on my SGT. Not really sure why exactly, but I want to put them on my car.

My question, to those of you who have put them on, is about placement. Where have you decided to place them?

Lower right side of the deck lid only? Anyone place them next to the PBF badges on the fenders? Interior placement?

Is there a specific spot these were placed on the Mustangs back in the '60's?

Someone said - all four - deck lid, both sides by the PBF badges and one on the dash. That seems like overkill to me.

Thoughts / Opinions??

Trevor

EDIT: Here's the Link to Hurst.com for the emblem: >>> Link <<<

post-18333-1243516067_thumb.jpg

post-18333-1243516067_thumb.jpg

I don't recall any Mustangs having these. Anyone want to refresh my memory if I'm forgetting something?

Steve

I don't recall seeing them on any Mustang, but they are offered in the CJ Pony Parts catalog along with all of the classic Mustang badging. :headscratch:

Ken

Ok - so maybe Mustangs didn't have them back in the day. . . . . . Sorry - I wasn't around then. . . . I'm a "whipper snapper" . . . . .

Perhaps the question should have simply remained - If you put them on your SGT, where did YOU put them?

I think they were simply something that people decided to place on their vehicles to proudly display their car was "Hurst Equipped"

I'm just trying to get some opinions/ideas about placement.

Ok - so maybe Mustangs didn't have them back in the day. . . . . . Sorry - I wasn't around then. . . . I'm a "whipper snapper" . . . . .

Perhaps the question should have simply remained - If you put them on your SGT, where did YOU put them?

Well I was planning on getting a set for the front fenders of my 66. I think they look really cool.

If I were to put them on an SGT, I'd either throw one on the deck lid (passenger side) or one centered between each PBF badge and rocker stripe.

Good luck.

Ken

I put one on the lower right side of the rear deck between the stripe and the edge of the trunk at the very bottom, and put one on the passenger dash below the air bag cover about where it says "air bag"...didn't want it all the way over to the right under the vent...I don't think I'd put them on the fenders...inside and back are good to let people know what you've got in there...

Its no biggie. I was just making sure the memory wasn't slipping too bad.

My choice would be a single emblem placed somewhere in the interior.

Steve

I have one on the deck lid, passenger side as well... Located above the tail lights and level with the "S H E L B Y" lettering... My Dad purchased them for me and I kind of like them... Also had one on the wife's Black V-6 Mustang (and put in Hurst Shifter ~ so no Posers here)... But then again, I've got stickers and emblems all over my car, so it just kind of blends in with the rest of them :lurk:

Gregg

07SGT0547

Hope this helps

web.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

Same here. I bought two but gave one away to a friend that has a Hurst on his SRT10 pickup. I couldn't find another place that I thought was good. I like it! Just my .02

snakehurst01.jpg

Dan

Thanks everyone for posting your photos. I was kinda thinking that having 4 emblems would be a bit of overkill.

Originally I was thinking of putting one inside on the dash, as Motorjock205 (Carl) photos show, and then 1 on each fender below the PBF badges, skipping the one on the deck lid. I've seen several photos of the Hurst vehicles having a decal on the fenders/deck lid and I'm sure somewhere inside the car. . . . .

However, I'd like to be consistant with the rest of you. So that way, when we show up at Mid-America or Shelby Vegas Bash or some other event, we're not all different on the placement of the "Hurst Equipped" emblems.

So - 1 on deck lid - 1 on dash below airbag cover? - or 1 on each fender - 1 on dash below airbag cover? or all 4 spots??

I just bought mine on E-bay for 12.00 shipped.

:shift:

If you Google "Hurst Equipped Emblem" - it will show you links to them for anywhere from $9.95 and up. I saw one site asking $34 for these emblems. I don't get that. It's the same exact emblem / verbal description from Hurst.com.

• 1 year later...

Just bought one off ebay put on left side above taillight like the fox body state tropper mustangs had. mine also has the H all in red instead of the normal black and red i have a 2008 shelby gt in blue and it looks really good imo tks dave

Archived