TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock tires

jgib627

Hi guys,

Though I am always tempted to mod my car with the exception of my signed airbag cover I plan to fight the temptations and keep my car completley stock.. I will soon be needing some new rear tires, fronts arent bad but plan to replace all 4.. I can replace with the same Pirelli P Zero Nero P235/55ZR17 however I was thinking of replacing them with a slightly larger Pirelli, perhaps P Zero 245 or 255/45ZR17's?

Has anyone done this with the tires on stock rims? and keeping in mind I am trying to keep the car stock would increasing the tire size alter my intensions in anyway or does it reallly matter?

Any thoughts would be appreciated as always :) Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

i am sure there are a few (keeping everything stock) but wheels and tires. i think a new set of rims is what these cars need. keep the old ones in the back of the garage and purchase some new wheels and tires. my opinion. and show off. :shift:

that is a good option gene... I had thought of that too.. decisions decisions, :)

I'm probably alone here but I do like the stock rims that the GT-H came with, that said I have always felt that the tires are too narrow and not low enough profile.. Ive seen a few pics on here of GT-H's with different rims/tires and it does set it off nice..

• 1 year later...

Archived