TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whoa! Did Anyone know about this???

HORSBYT

The seller is kind of misleading bidders with:

Best of all, this is a very unique Shelby because it's a "Budweiser Special Edition" Shelby.

They need to be more upfront that the Budweiser modifications were made post Shelby.

Steve

PS- And I have a feeling that those decals are not an authorized Shelby Licensed product.

Best of all, this is a very unique Shelby because it's a "Budweiser Special Edition" Shelby.

They need to be more upfront that the Budweiser modifications were made post Shelby.

Steve

PS- And I have a feeling that those decals are not an authorized Shelby Licensed product.

If your calling the modicications "post shelby" because they were made after it went to SAI, and transformed, Id have to agree they need to be more upfront but also disagree............The GT500 is considered a shelby by some......which was neither pre or "post shelby" if I understand you right.

Just sayin'

Steve

Phew- glad you guys cleared this up.... I thought I missed something.

Maybe they should change the shifter to a beer tap?

If your calling the modicications "post shelby" because they were made after it went to SAI, and transformed, Id have to agree they need to be more upfront but also disagree............The GT500 is considered a shelby by some......which was neither pre or "post shelby" if I understand you right.

Just sayin'

Good point!!!

Just sayin'

"GT500 is considered a Shelby by some..." Not to start a :censored: contest here, but the last time I looked at my VIN# it says Shelby GT500 convertible, vs Mustang GT convertible with a riveted plaque. BTW I love Mustangs and Mustang GTs of all flavors including the ones with riveted plaques. :yup:

Just sayin'

I'm only talking the Budweiser modifications when I say post Shelby.

Steve

"GT500 is considered a Shelby by some..." Not to start a :censored: contest here, but the last time I looked at my VIN# it says Shelby GT500 convertible, vs Mustang GT convertible with a riveted plaque. BTW I love Mustangs and Mustang GTs of all flavors including the ones with riveted plaques. :yup:

:cry:

Yep I think this was confirmed, and that Budweiser did the mods and all, or... was it a radio station, or something? I am not much for it, but... it is legit.

The way I understand it....the mods were done by a radio station and Budweiser paid.

Not done by Budweiser as A special Budweiser Edition.

Numerous SGTs have been restriped in different colors, by dealers, by owners and now apparently by a radio station in conjunction with Budweiser........

ok.......because the VIN is what everyone is looking for to confirm its a Shelby, right? :headscratch:

Ive said this before and Im sure this isnt the last time but here it goes. To me the SVT GT500 is as much a Shelby as the HD F-Series pick-up is a Harley Davidson. I know a few who have one of those pick-ups and they dont claim to have a Harley.............

not a sermon, just a thought

:lurk:

Ya man it is.

That Budweiser edition is kind of nasty, IMO. I love the B-J though!

Ken

Some Budweiser-lov'n redneck is going to sport that thing around town and have the best ride in the county!!! I'd buy it!

ok.......because the VIN is what everyone is looking for to confirm its a Shelby, right? :headscratch:

Ive said this before and Im sure this isnt the last time but here it goes. To me the SVT GT500 is as much a Shelby as the HD F-Series pick-up is a Harley Davidson. I know a few who have one of those pick-ups and they dont claim to have a Harley.............

not a sermon, just a thought

:lurk:

Yeah Right. It's just a thought, what if I plastered a couple of Powered By Ford badges on the side of the GT500 instead of the Snake, would it be closer to a Shelby then? :idea: BTW I think my new dog likes chewing on the plastic so I better get them away from her. Oh wait! I'm not suppose to have those, only Shelby GT cars can have those. Forget you saw this picture. :hysterical:

post-19964-1243565444_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1243565444_thumb.jpg

Yea Right. It's just a thought, what if I plastered a couple of Powered By Ford badges on the side of the GT500 instead of the Snake would it be closer to a Shelby then? :idea: BTW I think my new dog likes chewing on the plastic so I better get them away from her. Oh wait! I'm not suppose to have those only Shelby GT cars can have those. Forget you saw this picture. :hysterical:

Nope, it would still be a SVT GT500. There isnt a whole lot you can do. :cry:

Oh, by the way, You shouldnt let your dog chew on those badges. He could get sharp plastic edges caught in his stomach and that wouldnt be good.

Yeah Right. It's just a thought, what if I plastered a couple of Powered By Ford badges on the side of the GT500 instead of the Snake, would it be closer to a Shelby then? :idea: BTW I think my new dog likes chewing on the plastic so I better get them away from her. Oh wait! I'm not suppose to have those, only Shelby GT cars can have those. Forget you saw this picture. :hysterical:

And here we go again....but what makes you car (GT500) a Shelby? Did you car ever go to SAI? Yours may have but a GT500 does not. It is a Ford product conjured up to use Shelby name for marketing. The Shelby GT's actually went to Shelby and got that "plaque riveted" ignorant man. I can't believe we are doing this all over again.

Archived