TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How wide can you go on rear rims

I'm looking to go from 20x10 to 20x11 has anyone done this ??? Is there any modification to be done to make this happen ??

Also, I can't find anyone who does this on the east coast does anyone know of anyone who does ???

Thanks

Sorry wrong place please move it moderator can't figure it out as usual!!!

I'm looking to go from 20x10 to 20x11 has anyone done this ??? Is there any modification to be done to make this happen ??

Also, I can't find anyone who does this on the east coast does anyone know of anyone who does ???

Thanks

Sorry wrong place please move it moderator can't figure it out as usual!!!

The quality of your ride is going to diminish noticeably. The less rubber between the rims and the ground the more you are going to feel the road surface and the more likely your rims can get potentially damaged whenever you encounter a pothole or curb. Personally for me "the looks" are not worth the money to change the rim sizes as there is little to be gained by it and more to loose. I'd rather put the money toward HP mods.

The quality of your ride is going to dimidnish noticeably. The less rubber between the rims and the ground the more you are going to feel the road surface and the more likely your rims can get potentially damaged whenever you encounter a pothole or curb. Personally for me "the looks" are not worth the money to change the rim sizes as there is little to be gained by it and more to loose. I'd rather put the money toward HP mods.

Plus, most agree that 20's aren't good for handling as most of the racing mustangs are using 18's. As far as looks, I don't think there is enough tire "meat" for my tastes. If I go with Shelby razors at some point, I'm getting the 18".

Trust the last thing you guys want to see is me on a track, I would have one hand holding my pills the other holding a Tangerine and tonic and steering with my knees. Can't say how, I'm going to shift but being italian you can figure it out :hysterical:

Seriously, I'm going for looks and would like to stuff 20x 11 in the rear !!! I already have 20x10's and it rides smooth even with the sportline springs in the rear. I know that guys have sent there rims out to have them made wider and been thinking of doing the same but it seems the east coast doesn't know how to do it. I would have to ship them out which would be costly unless you guys know of someone close buy. I did speak to the one and only shop that does it here in NJ he quoted me 300.00 a wheel which is a rip off.

I think a wider wheel on the rear would make the car look alot more intimidating and scare the little boy's and girls off the street :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

For running wider rear wheels, I know that someone posted a link for buying the rear wheel mouldings that come on the GT500 for an SGT to privide some additional protection for the rear fender area?? I cannot find that link.....if you don't know what I am talking about, look closely at the GT500 behind the rear wheel, and there is a plastic extension that provides some cover for the width of the wheel that is wider than the body panel.....anyone??

Archived