TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer Restriction Tune?

Pointcover

I though I read something about a factory restriction tune on the new Shelbys arrrivng at the dealers. Once the vehicle was driven a set number of miles or if it was started "X" number of times, it would "unrestrict" the car. Is this true?

My car should be here next week.....I hope

:shrug:

Thanks in advance.

I though I read something about a factory restriction tune on the new Shelbys arrrivng at the dealers. Once the vehicle was driven a set number of miles or if it was started "X" number of times, it would "unrestrict" the car. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, here's the thread, basically, its 5 continuous miles or 50 starts, whichever comes first.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...89&hl=valet

Hope this helps. And welcome to the forum :ohsnap: :D

DLW

Thanks in advance.

A mandatory part of the PDI on Shelby is a J10 computer reset. Once the negative battery cable is disconnected for correct amt of time the key must be turned on then off prior to starting car. See attachment

The 5 consecutive miles will also work but the J10 is required and you will normally see more power and better driveability because of it

A mandatory part of the PDI on Shelby is a J10 computer reset. Once the negative battery cable is disconnected for correct amt of time the key must be turned on then off prior to starting car. See attachment

The 5 consecutive miles will also work but the J10 is required and you will normally see more power and better driveability because of it

Thanks for the PDF file with the tech. info. I may need it when I take my delivery.

Rob

I wish I would have seen that before I picked mine up. Was disappointed for the first few miles (drove like a pig) and once I got it up on the freeway for a few miles, the difference was night and day.

Cool forum guys.

Yeah, when mine finally turned off I just about drove right into a ditch.

venom07

Archived