TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ouch! A little Problem with New Gt500

Well, Just drove the new Shelby into the garage and accidently ran into the little ones bicycle....Take a look!! :banghead:

uztws79w2c2ldkf23de6_01762.jpg

This is the front bumper and noticed that it pierced the white left stripe right under the grill and scratched the Torch Red paint off a little bit.

How much do you guys estimate the repairs are going to be add up to? It seems like they will need to replace the lower stripe but do I need to purchase a new stripe? Do I just take it into any Ford Service Dept. and they can take care of it in a day?

Thanks

Greg

You can buy the stripes in sections. You only need to buy the stripe for the bumper, but I think they come with both sides as a set. You can get them through any Ford parts department. They may need to order them, but should have them within a few days.

You can either replace it yourself or pay the dealer to do it

Well I called the dealership and they redirected me to thier body shop but they were closed. I'll try them tomorrow and see what they have to say to get a price estimate. Hopefully its not over a hundred bucks... Oh i have several of those gouges on that front splitter. Did you guys say ebay is where I can repair those or do I need a new splitter?

Thanks

Greg

Well I called the dealership and they redirected me to thier body shop but they were closed. I'll try them tomorrow and see what they have to say to get a price estimate. Hopefully its not over a hundred bucks... Oh i have several of those gouges on that front splitter. Did you guys say ebay is where I can repair those or do I need a new splitter?

Thanks

Greg

I have a stock splitter if you are interested very reasonable PM me

How about just skipping the middle man (i.e., dealer body shop) and contact a pin striping/car graphics company directly? They'll come on site, match and replace the single stripe at far less the cost of the body shop. Usually the body shop farms this work out to third parties anyway....

Just a thought.....

Archived