TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stupid Lawsuits really ANGER me.............

Stupid Lawsuits really ANGER me. The Attorney that took this Case should be Horse Wipped and have his Licensed revoked. This really pisses me off that this crap gets as far as it does.

From the St. Petersburg Times

CLEARWATER — Smacked by a foul ball while seeking autographs at Bright House Field, Paul Grand wants more than a souvenir for his trouble.

Grand is suing the Philadelphia Phillies, the New York Yankees, the city of Clearwater and Pinellas County.

The lawsuit filed by the Havertown, Pa., resident claims they should have warned him of something before a 2005 spring training game, specifically the "dangers associated with being distracted by meeting other baseball players and obtaining their autographs while batting practice was going on."

In court filings, the baseball teams counter that they have no control of the stadium.

The city claimed immunity. County Attorney Jim Bennett said he can't even figure out how Pinellas had a role, except for help paying to build the Phillies' spring training home.

Read more at the St. Petersburg Times

Stupid Lawsuits really ANGER me. The Attorney that took this Case should be Horse Wipped and have his Licensed revoked. This really pisses me off that this crap gets as far as it does.

From the St. Petersburg Times

CLEARWATER — Smacked by a foul ball while seeking autographs at Bright House Field, Paul Grand wants more than a souvenir for his trouble.

Grand is suing the Philadelphia Phillies, the New York Yankees, the city of Clearwater and Pinellas County.

The lawsuit filed by the Havertown, Pa., resident claims they should have warned him of something before a 2005 spring training game, specifically the "dangers associated with being distracted by meeting other baseball players and obtaining their autographs while batting practice was going on."

In court filings, the baseball teams counter that they have no control of the stadium.

The city claimed immunity. County Attorney Jim Bennett said he can't even figure out how Pinellas had a role, except for help paying to build the Phillies' spring training home.

Read more at the St. Petersburg Times

Totally agree. What a crock. Another perfect example of the problem with the mentality of many in this country.

Now I am sure that this man had no idea that he could get hit by a baseball at a baseball stadium either before, during or after a baseball game. I mean really, who even knew that they used baseballs at a baseball game??? You would have to be a mind reader to know that while attending a baseball game you could actually get hit with a baseball!

Either that or this guy is a COMPLETE and TOTAL MORON!!!

Now I am sure that this man had no idea that he could get hit by a baseball at a baseball stadium either before, during or after a baseball game. I mean really, who even knew that they used baseballs at a baseball game??? You would have to be a mind reader to know that while attending a baseball game you could actually get hit with a baseball!

Either that or this guy is a COMPLETE and TOTAL MORON!!!

Don't for get about the Attorney who told him that he has a Case and can WIN big Money and it wont even go to Court because it will be cheaper for them to settle...............

well if it had been a bunch of school kids playing this wouldn't be happening. Two major league teams means money. You don't sue people that have no money. But this douchebag probably would have sued the city or something.

Ever wonder why your insurance is so high? It's because if individuals like this.

well if it had been a bunch of school kids playing this wouldn't be happening. Two major league teams means money. You don't sue people that have no money. But this douchebag probably would have sued the city or something.

Ever wonder why your insurance is so high? It's because if individuals like this.

He is........AND the County...................

I would bet that the Attorney heard about what happened and saught the guy out and talked him into sueing....................

Sad thing is the city will probably pay him off rather than go to trail.......its cheaper for them that way in the long run

and the exact reason this kind of crap gets perpetuated all over the country.

NYC pays hundreds of millions of dollars A YEAR in these kind of lawsuits......its become an industry of its own.

And a damn shame it is, no one is responsible for themselves anymore,

someone is always to blame when individuals have no common sense.

ridiculous!

They need to pass a Law (one of several) that states that if you are injured while commiting a Crime, you have you legal Rights.

Example: If you smash a Window to gain entry into a place you are going to Rob and get cut, you do NOT have the Right to Sue the Home Owner. If you are Trespassing on Property that has "No Trespassing" Signs posted and you step into a Hole and brake your Leg, you have NO Rights to Sue the Property Owner...........

Archived