TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock Wheels - Need a Shine....

Im just curious but what do you guys used\use to bring out the shine on the Stock Wheels? I have a local Auto parts store here and Im thinking about paying them a visit later today.

Thanks

Greg

I've only used the car wash soap and they come out nice and shiny. Make sure whatever you choose wil not harm the finish. I think it is a clearcoat.

When I detail the car, I use detailer on them also. They come out nice, clean and shiney. Once a year, I remove the wheels and clean the inside real good.

I removed mine yearly as well to get them a good inside cleaning...

And Greg, this is kind of funny, but after you wash the rims really good throw three or four coats of wax on them. Yesss, wax. I did this last week when I showed the car, going off some advice from a friend of mine that regularly shows his Camaro SS. I thought it was kind of... stupid, but I must say... it DID bring out a nice shine :lurk: I used some Mequiars cleaner wax, and it did the job just fine :shift:

I removed mine yearly as well to get them a good inside cleaning...

And Greg, this is kind of funny, but after you wash the rims really good throw three or four coats of wax on them. Yesss, wax. I did this last week when I showed the car, going off some advice from a friend of mine that regularly shows his Camaro SS. I thought it was kind of... stupid, but I must say... it DID bring out a nice shine :lurk: I used some Mequiars cleaner wax, and it did the job just fine :shift:

Pictures? :headscratch:

Sorry VaporDude, no pics. Try it for yourself - seriously! I KNOW it sounds retarded, believe me, but I have not fallen that far off my coach. I think some of us here done more obsessive things to make our cars look better, ha-ha :hysterical:

When I detail the car, I use detailer on them also. They come out nice, clean and shiney. Once a year, I remove the wheels and clean the inside real good.

Good advice. The brake dust builds up on the inside of the wheel. When I rotate my tires (yes I'm anal and do it myself) every 6k miles I clean those wheels good and put a coat of wax on them.

Treat stock wheels like your clearcoat. Clay, polish and seal. I carry Show Car Wheel Seal for heavy duty brake kits like the shelby. It is designed for hi tempratures and combats brake dust sticking to the finish. Its a great product.

DSC01368.jpg

Archived