TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car of the Month

Shelby101

Well it's a long story from the beginning till now, one which started in 1968.

In high school a friend of mine who’s Dad who liked hot cars. Every year he bought a different type of car. The week before he turned the cars in he let his sons drive the cars. This year 1967 was the year of the Shelby GT500. It was the first time I saw one and the first time I rode in one. It was awesome and my dream to own one began. While $5,000 seemed like a fortune to me at that time, the price always seemed to stay ahead of my pocketbook.

Well in 2005 when I heard of the launch of the new Shelby GT500 I told my wife of my dreams to own one. She simply said, then go get one. I could not believe my ears. I was elated and began my search. Well as I searched, I found all the local dealers wanted $25,000-$30,000 over sticker and most would not even talk to me. My hopes were falling as this seemed to put the car beyond reach again.

So I began a wider search and in April 2006 found my car for a very minor upcharge. I was ecstatic. So began the wait. My car was completed on December 18th, 2006 and arrived at my dealer on January 9, 2007. As fate would have it I was in Washington D.C. at the time the call came in at 9:00 am in the morning. I immediately went to the airport, caught a flight home, had my wife pick me up and was starring at my car at 5:30 that same afternoon.

It was a Vista Blue, over the top Stripe delete and Upgraded interior. The Navigation was not an option at that time. The Satellite radio and Shaker 1000 were the only other options and I did not take them.

I was very please with GT500 and amazed at the power. Then the rumble of the words “SUPER SNAKE” began to pop up here and there. Finally there was an official announcement and I signed up. Then the second wait began with anticipation of what 725 horsepower would feel like. Well in October of 2008 my Shelby was reborn as a Fire breathing 725 horsepower monster. What power and the handling had improved to the point it felt like a different car. This car has gone way beyond what I ever expected from Shelby and light-years beyond what I had ever dreamed of owning.

My car was chosen as Car of the month on the Shelby Forums for April 2009. It was the first Super Snake ever featured on their website.

I would be extremely honored to be chosen as”Car of the Month” on the TEAMSHELBY forums.

th_PB020945-1.jpg

th_IMG_0849_1.jpg

th_IMG_0851_2.jpg

th_Bill_WaldronSS.jpg

th_Bill_WaldronSSPic2.jpg

th_PB020918.jpg

th_PB020921.jpg

th_PB020931.jpg

th_PB020935.jpg

th_PB020936.jpg

Archived