TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Automatic Hesitation

Has anyone else experienced an engine hesitation, while at full throttle, when in upshifting in drive? Right as the transmission comes out of first, the engine bogs and has to pick up again...same from second to third gear.

Another thing I have noticed is when manually shifting from first to second, at full throttle, it hangs in first gear and will not shift until I let up on the throttle.

I am so ready to get a tune for this car. Any thoughts on whether it will have an effect on these issues?

Thanks!

Kevin

Has anyone else experienced an engine hesitation, while at full throttle, when in upshifting in drive? Right as the transmission comes out of first, the engine bogs and has to pick up again...same from second to third gear.

Another thing I have noticed is when manually shifting from first to second, at full throttle, it hangs in first gear and will not shift until I let up on the throttle.

I am so ready to get a tune for this car. Any thoughts on whether it will have an effect on these issues?

Thanks!

Kevin

My custom tune from Brenspeed made a huge improvement in the shifting parameters on my car. Shift points and shift pressure were greatly improved. Feels like I'm driving a stick now.

My custom tune from Brenspeed made a huge improvement in the shifting parameters on my car. Shift points and shift pressure were greatly improved. Feels like I'm driving a stick now.

It sounds like the car is not tuned to the original Shelby specs. The Hertz cars were serviced by Hertz mechanics during the car's rental life and it is very possible there was some driveability issues and the mechanic was not aware of how to correctly tune the car. I owned GTH-0007 and was so impressed with the very crisp shifts that when I sold the car I actively sought out an 07 SGT with the automatic. The new car, SGT4163, shifts exactly like the the Hertz car did. Under full throttle the shift is very fast with no hesitation. The car now has over 11,000 miles and still shifts the same. Once you get it shifting correctly you will love the car. :shift:

My automatic is everthing i had hoped for.

WOT from a standing start - shifts hard and right on time.

Great manual operation on upshift...a little slow on down shift but once you know you can anticipate the shift.

Olblue

I have an '06 GT-H as well and had the same problem. I don't know if the early cars had a different tune or the people that rented the cars messed with the tune. When the traction control was on it was worse and would only sometimes bog down with it off. I took the car to a tuner and the problem was solved. It will chirp the tires shifting to second gear now and occasionally going into third. When you get a tuner they will save your original tune so you can put it back in the car. In fact I could not pass inspection with the upgraded tune; I had to reload the stock tune. I would either take it back to Ford to make sure you have the Shelby tune (If they know what it is) or take it to a tuner. I've run a best of 13.2 in the quarter with the new tune. On the stock tune it was running around 13.8. Good Luck with your decision.

SVT

2006 Hertz GT-H 417

2008 Vapor GT500

Archived