TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GLHS 0136 in June Muscle Car Review

GLHS0136

Photographer and author Jerry Heasley wrote up a great article in June's Muscle Car Review on GLHS 0136. The article titled "GLHS: Goes Like Hell Some More" asks if an ‘87 American high performance car also falls into the Muscle Car genre reserved for vintage ‘64 to ‘72 model year cars. With straight line acceleration nearly the same, muscle cars however could not stop or turn like the cars since that period. Except for the 60's Shelby's of course :) . The photos are recent; taken during the 2009 Shelby Bash in Vegas. May and June issues are both on the shelves right now, so make sure it's June and look on page 90. Check it out.

Robert

post-11998-1243271953_thumb.jpg

post-11998-1243271953_thumb.jpg

May not find the June issue everywhere yet. The Muscle Car Review schedule states the May 26th for the June release. I do know Barnes and Nobel here in California have the new June issue. I couldn't find it anywhere else yet.

Robert

Did Jerry send you a cd of all the pics he shot that day like we talked about?

Steve

He was going to send me a copy of the pics he took of my '86 with the Terlingua Mustang, never saw it.

Cool article,BTW.

• 4 months later...

The September issue of Muscle Car Review has the reader letters in response to the questions possed in the June article. The magazine printed 4 very good letters praising the car and the article. They all would like to see more articles of these and the newer muscle/tuner cars. The magazine posts a few lines stating they "got a ton of letters and emails about the Shelby, and there wasn't a single piece of hate mail in the bunch." Not bad for a classic muscle magazine. They asked themselves " Do we need a tune-up to stay relevant?" in response to one reader's letter stating "Your audience demographic is changing, and MCR needs to keep up to stay relevant". Pretty cool..

The September issue of Muscle Car Review has the reader letters in response to the questions possed in the June article. The magazine printed 4 very good letters praising the car and the article. They all would like to see more articles of these and the newer muscle/tuner cars. The magazine posts a few lines stating they "got a ton of letters and emails about the Shelby, and there wasn't a single piece of hate mail in the bunch." Not bad for a classic muscle magazine. They asked themselves " Do we need a tune-up to stay relevant?" in response to one reader's letter stating "Your audience demographic is changing, and MCR needs to keep up to stay relevant". Pretty cool..

Excellent news! Thanks for the update! :happy feet:

Just pulled out my issue of MCR and not only just four positive letters but the first four letters printed in the editors section, right there at the top of the page. So some more exposure for the Whittier cars.

So what Whittier car do you think the MCR subscribers would want to see next?

Steve

Just pulled out my issue of MCR and not only just four positive letters but the first four letters printed in the editors section, right there at the top of the page. So some more exposure for the Whittier cars.

So what Whittier car do you think the MCR subscribers would want to see next?

Steve

How about the 89 CSX!!

Ok.. i'm a bit biased...

Steve, what about a Shelby Lancer? They had the best lines of all the cars(this coming from a GLHS owner to boot!!).

I'm open to anything. The GLHS cars have probably gotten the most exposure so perhaps its time for the 89 CSX or Lancer.

Who has a mint Shelby Lancer that is mostly stock?

Steve

Archived