TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Floor Mat's .

Yup saw them also. Three sets of them. Seller claims he owned three SGT's.......Hmmmm.

Steve

I think it's pretty sad that the person(s) who bought his used SGT's didn't get the original mats to go with the cars...

I guess people are just out to make a buck now days...sad...

I think it's pretty sad that the person(s) who bought his used SGT's didn't get the original mats to go with the cars...

I'm not so sure I believe the story that these came from three Shelby GT's he owned. Just sounds funny that he has enough dough for three SGT's but needed to remove them from the cars to make a few hundred bucks on ebay. Sounds suspicious to me.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
or they are using them to make up floor mats and selling them on ebay :hysterical:

No, these are probably the real deal... The seller also probably just happens to work at a Ford dealer. My 2008 SGT was delivered with stock Mustang GT mats and the dealer swore that's how it came from Shelby. Turns out I was more of an educated buyer than somebody who works at the selling dealer was hoping for. They ended up having to buy new ones for me directly through Shelby.

+1

When I traded in my Black SGT my wife said aren't you going to keep your mats. I told it wouldn't be fair for the next guy/gal. So I'm glad I left them in there for them.

Jim

No, these are probably the real deal... The seller also probably just happens to work at a Ford dealer. My 2008 SGT was delivered with stock Mustang GT mats and the dealer swore that's how it came from Shelby. Turns out I was more of an educated buyer than somebody who works at the selling dealer was hoping for. They ended up having to buy new ones for me directly through Shelby.

Matt I've had suspicions about that. Not about this particular ebay seller but from dealership people seeing what the mats go for on ebay and swapping them out on unsold cars to make a few bucks for their pocket.

Steve

I don't know where your Dealer got your mats but it may not have been through Shelby. My car was delivered without the original mats and when I found out what mats belonged to the car ( thanks to this site) I went back to the Dealership and demanded the factory mats. The car was dealer traded for so they went back to the other dealer and they sent a set of Carol Shelby script mats, I again said I want the factory mats. This went back and forth for months I even called Ford Racing Performance Warranty and Shelby and they would not send mats unless the original dealer called the Police and submitted a Police report for the theft, which the dealership refused to do, saying they couldn't submit a police report without knowledge of what happened. If someone broke into a car and they didn't see it would they have knowledge, NO. But you would still submit a police report (right). Oh well I called the Dealer himself and left messages on his voicemail every week (he stopped taking my calls) untill he had the saleman take them out of another car on his showroom. Someone who doesn't pay attention is going to get an SGT with Carol Shelby script mats and think these are cool but its not what they paid for. These mats are really hard to get so I would think anyone with 3 sets may be a dealer employee who is absconding with mats and nobody has caught them yet. I find it hard to believe someone went out and bought 3 SGT's and are now getting rid of them also. Even if you had that kind of money now is not the time to be selling them at a huge loss and trying to make it up selling floor mats.

Archived