TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found employee sigs

dave c

Found where the employees signed the car when it was @Shelby. I remember reading in the old forum that they had left their mark on the car somewhere. This must be it. They are on the inside of the frame rails where the h-pipe is. I don't know how I missed this before.

This pretty cool. Now I know who did the conversion on #0065. Anybody else find theirs?

post-7426-1243194833_thumb.jpg

post-7426-1243194865_thumb.jpg

post-7426-1243194833_thumb.jpg

post-7426-1243194865_thumb.jpg

Funny you mention this... As I was just thinking about the same thing just the other day???

My thought was that it was BEHIND or on the BACK of the SAI Dash Plate, as I have never seen anything on mine (#547) over the past 2 years...

But I will take a look the next time I have the car on a lift... Good Find!

Gregg

07SGT0547

I just looked under 08SGT0528 and saw no signature/markings inside either frame rail. The only markings on my SGT is what is pictured below, which is in the engine compartment area.

018-EngineCompartment5.jpg

-Steve

First Im hearing of this. This is totally cool and neat to know. Im gonna have to go search my caR.

This kind of thing should be documented in the registry. I also wonder if the "Shleby GT" book covers this.......

First Im hearing of this. This is totally cool and neat to know. Im gonna have to go search my caR.

This kind of thing should be documented in the registry. I also wonder if the "Shleby GT" book covers this.......

+1 me too.

I don't remember reading anything in the book about this though.

Ken

There is no real written history in the book or overview of what the pictures are or even of the process. You'll find more info in the first SHELBY magazine. All that's in the book are some poorly reproduced copies of emails with no context.

I think the definitive SGT book and Shelby's entry back into producing cars like the 60's is yet to be written. The SGT Book on sale now seems to be something that was produced as a gift to those involved with some printed for sale to the general public.

While it has some cool pictures and some neat tidbits in the few emails, a must have for any owner, it's not a history of the car book. :cry:

Found where the employees signed the car when it was @Shelby. I remember reading in the old forum that they had left their mark on the car somewhere. This must be it. They are on the inside of the frame rails where the h-pipe is. I don't know how I missed this before.

This pretty cool. Now I know who did the conversion on #0065. Anybody else find theirs?

sig_one.jpg

sig_2.jpg

Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!! You better get that cleaned up for the next show! :hysterical::hysterical:

Dave, that's pretty cool. I've been under my car a number of times and have never found any signatures. I wonder if those are from the mod shop guys when they installed your SC?

Dave

Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!! You better get that cleaned up for the next show! :hysterical::hysterical:

LOL No this one time graffiti is allowed on the car. I still can't believe it took me this long to find it, as many times I've been under the car. But this was the most thorough cleaning I've ever done. Maybe the detective of the registry could find out if these guys still work there.

Hi all!!!!

Well, here's the scoop on the sigs. We were not allowed to sign the cars. Some people who did it at first, started using "gang" type letters and numbers. That did not look good at all. So they stopped it. Some people got the message, some did not--until later LOL :hysterical:

I know that a few of the 06 GT-H's were signed (hmmm, I think I have one or two of them out there LOL) and some of the 07 SGT's were signed, before it was banned. I saw some of them signed in the same area as Daves, some were signed on the rear axle housing, some were signed under the hood blanket, some under the hood scoop. and some were like trying to play "Where's Waldo" :hysterical:

Now the only time a car can get signed is when the customer asks us too. I actually think it's better when the customer asks, its like the ultimate compliment that the tech's or one of us can receive.

As for the two sigs--Jake is still with us and the other one? I have no idea. Hell, it looks like somebody threw a bunch of letters into a blender and that's what came out!!! :hysterical2:

Bud

So Bud - I suppose there's no point for a 40th owner to start looking around then?

Unless you asked us, you'll never find it :( But you can still have fun looking for one :)

just taking a stab at this but the second sig is def a Ezra or Ezrale

thats all I can get...lol

That's it!!!!!! Ezra!!!!!!! That's Jake's nickname---kinda lame, but that's it :hysterical:

I was gonna say..... SAI uses gang bangers to build cars??!!!

Not no more, we took all their toys away from them. We now scan them for paint cans, paint pens, paint balls etc. :hysterical2:

Bud

I guess there is no need for me to start searching being one of the later 07's. That would of been cool though and I wish they signed them all. Id still love to know who worked on mine. One day I guess we might know.

well no signatures found on 209 i didn't check the rear axle housing, i will have to give her another look, but no signatures on the rails. will be checking the other two later. will post results. thanks for sharing.

Archived