TEAM SHELBY FORUM

murder at Applebee's

I had off work today and was doing some yard work. At about 4:30 I heard three police cars with sirens heading up the road near my house. I quick grabbed my police scanner and heard the police talking to the dispatcher. They were going to the local Applebee’s on a 911 call of a shooting. When they got there they found two people inside the restaurant dead from gunshots. The police didn’t release much information but some say that a guy went into the restaurant, shot his brother and then himself.

One of our close friends was going take there daughter there for her birthday. We called to see if she was there when this happened but so far we did not get a call back.

I think he is serious that someone murdered their brother and then killed themself. If this is true its pretty sad, I'm sure it was very tragic for all the patrons and employees. If I was there with my family and witnessed this I would be extremely pissed off that my daughter would have seen this.

What wrong with Applebees? :headscratch: I eat there once a month the foods not that bad.

I think he is serious that someone murdered their brother and then killed themself. If this is true its pretty sad, I'm sure it was very tragic for all the patrons and employees. If I was there with my family and witnessed this I would be extremely pissed off that my daughter would have seen this.

What wrong with Applebees? :headscratch: I eat there once a month the foods not that bad.

The newspaper said that the man walked into Applebee's came up to a booth where a man and woman were sitting, pointed the 38 pistol at the woman and then pointed at the man and shot him from about 5 feet away, he then turned the gun to himself and pulled the trigger. They victim and the shooter were not related.

They interviewed a customer who was there with his wife and grandson. He saw what had happened and then shielded his grandson with his body then held the boy down so he could not see what had happened.

As for our friend, she was not aware of what happened and called ahead for seating. She was told that the restaurant was closed until future notice.

I thought this was a joke at first...some Applebee's gag...I had looked up shooting and applebee and came up with nada...guess it was reported here first. We dont have many here in TX. Maybe one or two in all of S.A.

wow...Im no doomsayer, but I think these types of things will just happen more and more...anyone notice all the kids commiting suicide due to supposed bullying? What a load of crap! I think we had it just as bad or worse when we were kids...hell, even the teachers were allowed to beat me as a kid. Today's kids have it light, and still the trend is evident...more wackos everyday.

This is exactly why I now have a concealed carry permit...my Glock 27 will be ready if it is ever needed. Im not saying Im looking to get into a shootout, because I do value life...but I know I wouldnt hesitate to use it because I value MY life and that of my family and friends over some wacko looking for an easy solution to complicated problems.

Archived