TEAM SHELBY FORUM

91+ Octane sticker

CSstang

Hey all,

Quick question for you Shelby GT owners. I recently bought a Ford Racing CAI w/tuner for my Shelby CS8. Since my Turn 1 conversion was done officially at a SPP dealer this is the only add-on I want on the car in order to keep it close to original. To my knowledge, you guys have a Ford Racing CAI that comes on the Shelby GT when you buy it and the tune is 91 octane. If this is the case, I'd like to know where the 91+ Octane sticker is placed on the car by Shelby, if it is at all. We don't have many Shelby GT's in Canada so I can't check in person. Usually this sticker would be inside the gas cap door or something but I don't want to stick it somewhere it doesn't belong. If someone could let me know if there is a 91+ octane sticker, and if so a description or picture of where it is I would greatly appreciate it.

Sticker would be similar to this if it's there

91Octane.jpg

Thanks!

Kevin

Hey all,

Quick question for you Shelby GT owners. I recently bought a Ford Racing CAI w/tuner for my Shelby CS8. Since my Turn 1 conversion was done officially at a SPP dealer this is the only add-on I want on the car in order to keep it close to original. To my knowledge, you guys have a Ford Racing CAI that comes on the Shelby GT when you buy it and the tune is 91 octane. If this is the case, I'd like to know where the 91+ Octane sticker is placed on the car by Shelby, if it is at all. We don't have many Shelby GT's in Canada so I can't check in person. Usually this sticker would be inside the gas cap door or something but I don't want to stick it somewhere it doesn't belong. If someone could let me know if there is a 91+ octane sticker, and if so a description or picture of where it is I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Kevin

Inside the fuel door, on the back.

So when you open it it's there stuck behind on the backside of the fuel filler door in the center.

If you need a pic let me know...doesn't exactly fit perfect but it stays on...for now I guess!

Just in case you are considering an upgrade to a GT500 satin aluminum fuel door, the instructions show it on the flat space below where the flap mechanism is mounted on the back of the door:

FuelDoorInner_40200.jpg FuelDoorOuter_40203.jpg

Not that much room there on the standard door, for the one that comes with the Bullitt CAI.

FuelDoorInner_40200.jpg

FuelDoorOuter_40203.jpg

Here are mine. Black one is on the 07 SGT and the blue is on the 09 GT500. Hope this helps out.

No cracks about the dirt. I live on a dirt road and these vehicles are impossible to keep clean. Even after one trip down the road.

004.jpg

003.jpg

No cracks about the dirt. I live on a dirt road and these vehicles are impossible to keep clean. Even after one trip down the road.

Thank you, I too live on a dirt road. I have to wash my car almost everytime I drive it. I was ashamed and never admitted it before but now that Im not the first I feel I can admit driving this thing on a dirt road. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have come out! Thanks. :shift: I feel so free now Ill do this:

I LIVE ON A DIRT ROAD! :)

Thank you, I too live on a dirt road. I have to wash my car almost everytime I drive it. I was ashamed and never admitted it before but now that Im not the first I feel I can admit driving this thing on a dirt road. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have come out! Thanks. :shift: I feel so free now Ill do this:

I hear that and I feel your pain! It's two miles until I hit blacktop. But that's the price you pay for living in the Boonies! And you know what? It doesn't matter if you do 20 or 40 miles per hour. It gets dirty. (See Picture. That was taken on day one when I bought the car home for the first time. I only drove it at 15 miles an hour.) The dust settles everywhere! Behind the fuel door. In the trunk. The trunk lock and GT 500 emblem and especially the back bumper. Sound familiar? :hysterical: The only thing that makes me grit my teeth is when I hear all those little stones getting kicked up and rattling along the undercarriage. Yikes!! I can't wait until my tires wear down some. And here's another hint. Don't put Armour All or any other wheel dress up gook on your tires. That makes the dust stick.

:backtotopic: Kevin: It looks like you have the decal like on my black one. That's where the factory installed it so I'd go with that. I'm guessing that maybe there were issues with the size and where they put it on so they made the decal smaller so it would have a flatter surface and adhere better on the 2009 gas cap door. Just my guess anyway.

007.jpg

Would you guys like your own pinned thread to talk and help one another?

I'm sure there are others just like you that would welcome an opportunity to express themselves and talk through he challenges faced by Shelby owners that go off-roading. Help each other deal with the almost daily scorn and ridicule many are confronted with.

It's ok...It's ok to be different...celebrate your differences with others of a like mind! Maybe even have a car show where "dirt" is required and the deeper into crevices and out of the way areas key to a first place showing!

Let me know and I will set it up...I feel your pain.

:shift:

I'm sure there are others just like you that would welcome an opportunity to express themselves and talk through he challenges faced by Shelby owners that go off-roading. Help each other deal with the almost daily scorn and ridicule many are confronted with.

It's ok...It's ok to be different...celebrate your differences with others of a like mind! Maybe even have a car show where "dirt" is required and the deeper into crevices and out of the way areas key to a first place showing!

That would be great, Jeff! This is a serious issue with me anyway. I know I'm fighting a losing battle. I feel kind of funny rolling into town in my dirty car. I always welcome alittle rain when I'm out. I have a feeling that Reino and myself aren't the only ones dealing with this. :lol:

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is that other Shelby guys might see my car and figure I don't take care of it. That always botheres me. And SVTTIM wants me to head to Road America in August to show them. I know I can't get it clean enough so I am a bit scared to do this show for that reason. :shrug: So what's a guy suppose to do?

That would be great, Jeff! This is a serious issue with me anyway. I know I'm fighting a losing battle. I feel kind of funny rolling into town in my dirty car. I always welcome alittle rain when I'm out. I have a feeling that Reino and myself aren't the only ones dealing with this. :lol:

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is that other Shelby guys might see my car and figure I don't take care of it. That always botheres me. And SVTTIM wants me to head to Road America in August to show them. I know I can't get it clean enough so I am a bit scared to do this show for that reason. :shrug: So what's a guy suppose to do?

Glory Be! Some of my Shelby GT brothers and sisters feel my pain. I also live on a gravel road. I am 0.5 miles from pavement and it just as well be 50 miles since no matter how slow I go (I idle along in 1st gear about 5 MPH) the dust still settles on the rear of the car, wheels, etc. I live for the rain to settle the dust so I can get the Shelby out and go for a drive with a totally CLEAN car. I was thinking about going in for therapy regarding this anal retentive car cleanliness issue but now that I know others are living with this stress I can hopefully continue to deal with it until I find a good price on a 24’ enclosed trailer. Sorry about us off road, dirt guys hijacking the thread but we need some sympathy.

Sure, as long as its pinned and only people that live on dirt roads can post. (Like all the "07 Black SGT with 20" wheels, SC, and map light trim only post here")

You say you feel the pain........are you a member of our little club?

Also, can I be a moderator of only the "dirt road" pinned topic? haha

You guys are brave, I almost have to go through the car with some quick detailer after each drive I do and I am nowhere near dirt roads. I can't even begin to imagine how bad I would get under your circumstances but above all bravo for enjoying your car even if she gets a little dirty

This is getting to be a bigger club then I thought it would be. I count 4 so far, possible 5, havent confirmed Jeff yet.

Maybe a topic isnt big enough for us. We might need an entire site.....Jeff........ :lurk:

What sucks for me is my house is leterally 50 , if that, from the hard road, but I have to drive in a big circle on the dirt road to get to the hard road, about .7 miles.

You guys are all lucky. I have 2 miles before I get to the county road. 2 MILES!! That is no B.S. It's all dirt and crushed granite. PLays hell on the paint. I usually try to drive down the middle where the most traffic drives. Less stones but more dust. Speaking of dust, don't you just love all the dirt that comes out of the lug holes when you're washing the rims off? The dirt just keeps coming and leaves that nice tan stain down the sidewall of the tire when it drys off. It's just a bitch to keep the car clean. Oh sure you can rinse it down each time you get home but then you get hard water stains. I'm seriously going to look into some kind of rinse agent I can hook up to the hose after each drive. There must be some kind of product out there for us.

Reino - you want to take charge of this and be the moderator; be my guest.

Mike

Here are mine. Black one is on the 07 SGT and the blue is on the 09 GT500. Hope this helps out.

004.jpg

003.jpg

I wish I could find the smaller sticker...I HATE the way the larger one looks on the fuel door of my SGT...I've also thought about making a sticker with my label maker too, but want to keep it as close to stock as I can...

www.teamfordparts.com

Enter your vehicle info:

Ford

Mustang

Look under Information Labels:

JC05005.gif

Sells for only $8.16 + S/H...

Shows the same sticker for 2005-2008 vehicles... But if you are looking for the smaller version, then this should be it...

Gregg

07SGT0547

Woo Hoo!!! Only $21.66 for a $2.00 decal...What a DEAL! They charge $13.50 shipping on the darn thing! I asked them if they couldn't put it in an envelope and use a .43 cent stamp instead...we'll see what happens...LOL

Woo Hoo!!! Only $21.66 for a $2.00 decal...What a DEAL! They charge $13.50 shipping on the darn thing! I asked them if they couldn't put it in an envelope and use a .43 cent stamp instead...we'll see what happens...LOL

Or just get it from your local dealer... Even better, if the original one just happens to "fall off" then have it replaced under warranty...

Or just get it from your local dealer... Even better, if the original one just happens to "fall off" then have it replaced under warranty...

Ha Ha...the LOCAL dealer here would probably charge me twice what this place wants...We are in the middle of NOWHERE out here! 284 Miles to El Paso and 354 to Dallas...

Warranty it for falling off... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Ha Ha...the LOCAL dealer here would probably charge me twice what this place wants...We are in the middle of NOWHERE out here! 284 Miles to El Paso and 354 to Dallas...

Warranty it for falling off... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

It's been a while since I have driven thru Odessa... And I forgot that EVERYTING in Texas is about 300 miles from each other.... But don't laugh about the sticker falling off... I'm always re-sticking mine to the gas cap every time I fill up... Just glad I know I can find a replacement if/when it finally happens...

Gregg

07SGT0547

Yeah right :hysterical::hysterical:

My car did not have the required California Emissions sticker on it in order to register it in California, as the hood was replaced with a CS6 one at Shelby. They (my local dealer) "sold" me a replacement for like $30. Later, Bud hooked me up with the Shelby Emissions sticker for free. :happy feet:

Yeah right :hysterical::hysterical:

My car did not have the required California Emissions sticker on it in order to register it in California, as the hood was replaced with a CS6 one at Shelby. They (my local dealer) "sold" me a replacement for like $30. Later, Bud hooked me up with the Shelby Emissions sticker for free. :happy feet:

Yup, if you ever want an extra of something just contact SAI. They will send you mats, information brochures, manual supplements, or anything else you "didnt receive".

Well, I just got back home from Quantum's Show N Shine and found my $22.61 sticker in a very large Fed Ex package...I can NOT believe that they would ship a sticker via Fed Ex for 13.50 instead of sending it via the USPS....Way to go Team Ford!!! You guys should apply for positions on Obama's cabinet...

Archived