TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Water/Methanol Kits

No personal experience, but I've always heard good things about the stuff.

Did you notice this on the site?

"The most suitable are the centrifugal supercharged and turbocharged engines, as they build boost is a more progressive manner concerning water-methanol injection. The positive displacement blower engines will work, but it might take more work to dial in the delivery."

I thought that may be of interest to you since you have a roots style blower. I'm not sure what 'dialing in the delivery' means.

Ken

No personal experience, but I've always heard good things about the stuff.

Did you notice this on the site?

"The most suitable are the centrifugal supercharged and turbocharged engines, as they build boost is a more progressive manner concerning water-methanol injection. The positive displacement blower engines will work, but it might take more work to dial in the delivery."

I thought that may be of interest to you since you have a roots style blower. I'm not sure what 'dialing in the delivery' means.

Ken

Yeah, I did read that and i've been digging around for info on it all night. From what I understand it's basically a "Chemical Intercooler." I read a great article from fastfordsandmustangs.com about how well it worked. Basically, if you can cool the air, you can add more fuel/timing. I think with the centrifugal systems the boost is immediate so the system has to keep up with it, which sounds like their Stage III kit is more sutied for that. For a few hundred bucks more though I could swap a pulley, add this and see what that gets me!

Haha, just can't leave well enough alone.

Yeah, I did read that and i've been digging around for info on it all night. From what I understand it's basically a "Chemical Intercooler." I read a great article from fastfordsandmustangs.com about how well it worked. Basically, if you can cool the air, you can add more fuel/timing. I think with the centrifugal systems the boost is immediate so the system has to keep up with it, which sounds like their Stage III kit is more sutied for that. For a few hundred bucks more though I could swap a pulley, add this and see what that gets me!

Haha, just can't leave well enough alone.

HORSBYT, I would be interested in what you find out with it.

I swapped out my pulley for the 3.75. You will notice a difference and it only took me about 15 minutes to do. It does not require a re-tune either.

HORSBYT,

Maybe that upgrade will get you moving a little faster so that Excursions don't pass you. :hysterical::hysterical:

Seriously though, I've already ordered a setup from them to go in my Whippled Ford GTX1. My reason was not for speed but to help cool the car for the track. At Willow Springs Big track I can only go 2 hot laps before the engine goes into limp mode. Give them a call over at Snow. They're really helpful. Also the guy (Kevin) who they recommend for the install is out our way.

From my understanding of how this really works is you multiply 6 atoms then subtract 2 photons mix in some oxygened atomshpere condensation and allow the ambient air temperature to drop below the point of liquid and injected those condensed atoms into your engine !!!

So, I approve of this device and allow you to continue with this post !!! :hysterical:

I wanted to beat the branic's to the punch !!!!

That set-up has been around along time my buddy had something to that affect in his 70 bonneville in the late 80's. He bumped up the timing on his 455 and the thing would smoke the tires down the block. To bad they don't make an intercooler for N/A engines, I remember reading an article on cooling your intake useing your A/C.

Does anyone have any experience with the Water/Methanol kit from Snow Performance? I'm interested to know if anyone has it, used it, pro's/con's. etc.

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=8

It's actually a really simple system. Basically it s cheap insurance. Louie is running it with his Shelby GT/SC, with a Paxton, he's at or over 500hp to the rear wheels.

Here's a link:

methanol injection

Archived