TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oil Change

There is probably a link already out there but I figured I ask anyway. I regularly change the oil every 3000 miles on my car except my daily driver, a BMW. they have a service counter that tells me when to change the oil.

Does the SGT require any special type of oil? I just went over 3000 miles.

There is probably a link already out there but I figured I ask anyway. I regularly change the oil every 3000 miles on my car except my daily driver, a BMW. they have a service counter that tells me when to change the oil.

Does the SGT require any special type of oil? I just went over 3000 miles.

yes motorcraft full synthetic, unfortunately i forget the rest, i believe its the same synthetic a mustang gt uses

I switched to Mobil 1 full synthetic and use Motorcraft oil filters and I too change it every 3000 miles- Just crossed over 10,000 miles and running it hard as a DD. I need to change the cold air filter, any you folks went with the amsoil filter?

These guys are right - Motorcraft 5w20 - due every 5k miles.

I run RedLine full synthetic 5w20 and change it every 5k miles.

Filter choice is up to you. I recommend the FRPP, K&N, or Wix Racing.

Ken

Speaking of oil filters, this link, which I've kept in my favorites, provides a what I think is a good discussion and comparison of them. Be sure to click on "Filter Scoring System and Results".

http://home.mindspring.com/~ed_white/id7.html

All good choices, I use Royal Purple syn, just cause it's kool looking stuff. I use Schaeffer's syn oils in my race cars.

Speaking of oil filters, this link, which I've kept in my favorites, provides a what I think is a good discussion and comparison of them. Be sure to click on "Filter Scoring System and Results".

http://home.mindspring.com/~ed_white/id7.html

Ilmoor, Just curious. Whomever devised this analysis went to a lot of work. The Ford FL 820S filters are the top rated filter. However, the filters are not rated for multi-pass efficiency and single pass efficiency. Even the Fram filters are rated 98-99% The Ford filter is 80% and we don't even know which standard. So is his rating based on the amount of materiel used for filtering without knowing the efficiency? I must admit I use the Mobil One filters, The top Purolator filter, or the Amsoil filter. I think the Ford filter is well designed wtih the relief valve and the anti-drain back valve but the filtratation efficiency is an unknown.

It would appear, based on efficieny and micron size, that the amsoil and Mobil 1 filters would be the two best followed by K&N. The Ford racing filter is highly rated but again using what standard and there is not a multi pass rating nor the micron size listed.

Obviously we need a standardized testing and rating system of filters using not only multi-pass efficiency but also the micron size.

Archived