TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Audio Upgrade Q's........

In comparision to the factory Ford Shaker 1000, is the Sheby Audio an upgrade? or is this audio upgrade mainly for Shaker 500 cars?

Thanks, R

It is an upgrade over the Shaker 1000 too. When I dropped my car off at SAI I ran into Roger and Gary. Gary has the upgrade in his SS test mule that sits in the museum and he was able to play some tunes for me. It sounded better than my Shaker 1000. Alot more bass. The powered sub for the trunk is quite a bit smaller than the Shaker 1000 box as well. Less weight and trunk room taken up!

Cheers

Brett

It is an upgrade over the Shaker 1000 too. When I dropped my car off at SAI I ran into Roger and Gary. Gary has the upgrade in his SS test mule that sits in the museum and he was able to play some tunes for me. It sounded better than my Shaker 1000. Alot more bass. The powered sub for the trunk is quite a bit smaller than the Shaker 1000 box as well. Less weight and trunk room taken up!

Cheers

Brett

Is this audio upgrade a fully plug and play, to the factory Ford wiring harness? I guess I am asking, do the Shelby audio upgrade components plug directly into the connectors that are/were used for the Shaker 1000?

Thanks, R

Is this audio upgrade a fully plug and play, to the factory Ford wiring harness? I guess I am asking, do the Shelby audio upgrade components plug directly into the connectors that are/were used for the Shaker 1000?

Thanks, R

I was told that yes, the upgrade is full plug and play. They use the existing wiring harness, but add better speakers and more WATTS!

When I was at the Mustang 45th at Birmingham, I talked to the people at Kicker (who make the system for shelby) and they said every thing is plug and play. Everything has a Shelby part number. I listened to the system and it sounds fantastic.

The amp they install has a DSP module that tunes the system for the car. There is way more power to the main speakers. On the Shaker system all the big advertised watts are going to the subs in the doors and trunk. The speakers (the two in the doors and the two on the rear deck) are powered by the internal amp in the radio head--that is only 7 watts per channel.

There is no wire cutting involved with this system. Just install and go.

When I was at the Mustang 45th at Birmingham, I talked to the people at Kicker (who make the system for shelby) and they said every thing is plug and play. Everything has a Shelby part number. I listened to the system and it sounds fantastic.

The amp they install has a DSP module that tunes the system for the car. There is way more power to the main speakers. On the Shaker system all the big advertised watts are going to the subs in the doors and trunk. The speakers (the two in the doors and the two on the rear deck) are powered by the internal amp in the radio head--that is only 7 watts per channel.

There is no wire cutting involved with this system. Just install and go.

Thanks for the replies!!

R

• 4 weeks later...
Subscribing...I will be out in Vegas in a few weeks and plan on dropping by the Shelby World HQ...I wonder if I could get a listen to someones?

Just ask. Gary was eager to show me the new sound system along with alot of other mods on his car.

This is a complete plug and play system. If you do have the shaker 1000 system the sub box is much smaller and more powerful. When you replace the sub you will have to purchase the non-shaker trunk mat from your Ford dealer as there will be approximately 4" of raw trunk floor exposed. With the non shaker mat you can tuck the excess under the new sub enclosure.

As long as the factory wire harness is in place it is plug and play.

Roger

This is a complete plug and play system. If you do have the shaker 1000 system the sub box is much smaller and more powerful. When you replace the sub you will have to purchase the non-shaker trunk mat from your Ford dealer as there will be approximately 4" of raw trunk floor exposed. With the non shaker mat you can tuck the excess under the new sub enclosure.

As long as the factory wire harness is in place it is plug and play.

Roger

Thanks Roger!!

R

• 3 months later...
Sorry if someone asked this question. Can I purchase new SS and 427 trunk mats that will fit with the kicker system?

Not sure about 427, but I bought an extra full set of mats for my Super Snake w/Shaker 1000. Maybe the Shelby Store can get what you need, they do list "Shelby Kicker" in the drop down box.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/zop15.htm

R

Not sure about 427, but I bought an extra full set of mats for my Super Snake w/Shaker 1000. Maybe the Shelby Store can get what you need, they do list "Shelby Kicker" in the drop down box.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/zop15.htm

R

Roger:

If I purchase a new set of SS mats with the Kicker option sellected (as noted above), will they cover up the bare metal in the trunk beside the new kicker subwoofer?

Cheers

Brett

Archived