TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Shelby named Maggie

ELITE 1

This is my first Mustang I have ever owned. Honestly I wasn't looking to buy a mustang, I was looking at other high performance cars,

until the announcement came out that Ford was teaming up with Carroll Shelby to build a new version of the GT500. When the GT500

went on sale in the summer of 2006 I was excited and bummed at the same time, I was excited because it had everything I was looking

for in a sports car, but I was bummed about how much the dealerships were marking up the price. It wasn't until September of 2006 that

I found a dealership that was willing to sell a GT500 at the price I was willing to pay.

After putting in my order for a Torch Red, GT500, with the stripe delete option, and upgraded interior, the waiting game began. I drove my wife crazy every week saying "when are they going to call and tell me that my car is coming", after numerous phone calls to Ford and the dealership I was able to find out when my car was due to arrive.

After waiting six weeks my dream car arrived, on a cold overcast day in November, November

13, 2006 to be exact. My wife and I pulled into the dealership we get out of the truck and as we look across the parking lot we see the car carrier pulling into the dealership with my dream car hanging off the back like a shinny red beacon, saying "look at me I am the almighty GT500", we both looked at each other with big smiles and ran into the dealership to tell the salesman who sold us the car that it's here! My wife, I, and the salesman all piled into the truck to chase down the car carrier, we spot it down the street just as the driver is getting ready to unload my car. As we pull up with video and digital cameras in hand, we get out and begin documenting the delivery as if it were our

first born child. The car is carefully unloaded from the truck and driven into the service center for inspection and then off to the detail shop.

Since taking delivery of the GT500 we have had a great time taking her to shows, meets, and just driving all over. My wife and I joined

The Golden Hills Mustang Club the day the car was ordered, and we have met some great people and are always busy between car shows, parades, charity cruises, and toy and food drives.

My wife and I decided to name our GT500 "Maggie", she gets her name from my mom who past away, and my wife's mom who is still alive, both were/are named Margaret.

If anyone is thinking about getting a sports car and wants the most bang for the buck, then I suggest getting a Shelby GT500, you won't be disappointed, and you will have a big smile on your face every time you step on the loud pedal, I guarantee it.

Below are some pictures and links to videos of my car.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/My-GT50...t-the_82586.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2007-Sh...T500_208518.htm

3036444292_573611d9ec_o.jpg

3036841042_52f31d8084_o.jpg

3037758386_ab281639ed_o.jpg

3037764908_72217aec0c_o.jpg

Archived