TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Basic Specs and info on the current SGT models

Would someone mind giving me the rundown on the Shelby GT models?

Is it currently still in production? (I see a lot of new GT500s for sale, but not many Shelby GTs)

What additional perfmance mods were added to the a regular mustang GT to make it a Shelby GT?

How do those mods (suspention, motor, brakes, etc) compare to the standard GT500, SS mod package, or CS8 mod package, or ?

I tried googling SGT and mostly got Gt500 info.

It would be great to have a database of Shelby cars listing their specific upgrades from the standard Mustang GT.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff's new sticky should answer all you questions.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42709

The sticky thread is best place to start. GT500 owners and SGT owners are very proud of their Shelbys, but here is a basic rundown.

The SHelby GT was only produced in 2007 and 2008.

For year 2007: Aprox 5,000 were produced in either Black or White exterior color.

For year 2008: Aprox 2,300 were produced in Vista Blue, Coupe and Convertible, 100 Barret jackson models Black w/red stripes and 217 grabber Orange for California only.

All Shelby GT started as Mustang GT and converted at the Shelby factory in nevada (like the 60's). All GT500 models are built at the Ford factory and are blessed by Shelby with their name and knowledge. GT500KR, Supersnake, 40th anny are upgraded at Shelby mod shops.

Both are Shelby's. Shelby GT are small blocks, GT500 are big blocks.

Shelby GT's have a closer family tree to Carroll Shelby :)

Hope this answers some questions, I am not the guy to answer suspension, etc.

The sticky thread is best place to start. GT500 owners and SGT owners are very proud of their Shelbys, but here is a basic rundown.

The SHelby GT was only produced in 2007 and 2008.

For year 2007: Aprox 5,000 were produced in either Black or White exterior color. Coupes only.

For year 2008: Aprox 2,300 were produced in Vista Blue, Coupe and Convertible, 100 Barret jackson models Black w/red stripes and 217 grabber Orange for California only.

All Shelby GT started as Mustang GT and converted at the Shelby factory in nevada (like the 60's). All GT500 models are built at the Ford factory and are blessed by Shelby with their name and knowledge. GT500KR, Supersnake, 40th anny are upgraded at Shelby mod shops.

Both are Shelby's. Shelby GT are small blocks, GT500 are big blocks. They're both small blocks. The SGT is the SOHC 4.6L V8 (281cid) and the GT500 has the DOHC 5.4L (331cid).

Shelby GT's have a closer family tree to Carroll Shelby :)Some would take exception to that I think. ;)

Hope this answers some questions, I am not the guy to answer suspension, etc. The FRPP 'handling pack' was added to the Mustang at SAI, which includes the FRPP springs, dampers, strut tower brace, and sway bars with poly bushings.

To find Shelby GT s on e-bay. Do a search on "Shelby GT -GT500 -500"

There are plenty of them for sale; in time, sellers will be sorry they sold them. IMHO

If you want instant raw horsepower, buy a Shelby GT-500, 500+ hp. If you want better handling, get a Shelby GT.

With the Shelby GT, you can always add a supercharger later on (that's my plan).

Good Luck !!

Archived