TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08SGT1910 HORSBYT

HORSBYT

My love and admiration for Shelby started in the mid-70's when I was old enough to hear the story of the 69 Shelby my uncle owned. It had been used in a TV Show starring Burt Reynolds called "Dan August." When the studio was done with it, my uncle bought it at Galpin Ford. There was a story going around that my uncle outran a CHP on the 210 freeway with that car! Now, I ask my uncle about that story and he just grins the biggest grin you could ever imagine and will say, "I could do all kinds of stuff in that car!" That created a heated passion in me to own one myself.

Shelby re-captured that passion for me in my 08SGT. This car is everything I could ever imagine my uncle admired about his 69. It's true to the spirit of Shelby and gives me great pride in the history and passion behind our cars.

Like Carroll says in his ZMax commercial, "If it wasn't true, I wouldn't be standing here telling it to you!" I love that line!!!!!

Never one to settle, in true Shelby spirit, I've applied the following modifications to my car in the last 12 months:

400 HP Whipple Polished Supercharger

Moroso overflow tank

Redline Hood Struts

Steeda Blue powder coated valve covers

Short-tube headers

Coast Performance Aluminum Driveshaft

Ford Racing 4:10 gears

Ford Racing "KR" mufflers

American Racing Shelby Redline wheels

Baer slotted/drilled rotors, hawk HPS pads, Goodridge SS lines

Agent 47 side view mirrors

Super Snake side window scoops

Berg-Faux gas cap

I think I've turned my Shelby GT into a respectable street/strip-fighter. Each SGT owner knows and understands the nature of having one of these in our stable. Choosing one each month is going to be difficult because they're all bad-ass in my book!

By the way, thanks for starting this! I think it's a great way to show some appreciation for the owners!

Archived