TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ship or drive?

What do you think, 600 miles. Ship the car back with all take off parts, or drive my truck there with a friend and drive both the car, and truck & trailer with take off parts? :headscratch: Or :censored: can the take off parts, fly there, and drive home?

any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

What do you think, 1,000 miles. Ship the car back with all take off parts, or drive my truck there with a friend and drive both the car, and truck & trailer with take off parts? :headscratch: Or :censored: can the take off parts, fly there, and drive home?

any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I highly recommend, regardless of what method you choose to get the car home, that you at a minimum fly there before the car is shipped to go over things with them. You're investing a lot of money in this deal and you don't want to deal with anything long distance once the car is back in your own stable.

I shipped my car back to Michigan, but still went out there. If nothing else the excitement of seeing it for the first time in front of the museum is definitely as the credit card commercial says, "priceless"; not to mention a big Kodak moment!

I highly recommend, regardless of what method you choose to get the car home, that you at a minimum fly there before the car is shipped to go over things with them. You're investing a lot of money in this deal and you don't want to deal with anything long distance once the car is back in your own stable.

I shipped my car back to Michigan, but still went out there. If nothing else the excitement of seeing it for the first time in front of the museum is definitely as the credit card commercial says, "priceless"; not to mention a big Kodak moment!

I definitely will fly there if I decide to ship. the down side of shipping is, it adds 3-4 days to the process, and i miss my car enough as it is.

With my 40th, I shipped it out there, then took my enclosed trailer, loaded my family in my truck and made the 1250 mile trip out and the 1250 mile trip back. Great time, great memories....will do it again with my SS someday!

+1, I picked up my car and take off parts in person. Two regrets;

1) I should have spent more time inspecting the finished product before signing off on it.

2) I did not do an inventory of the take off parts. I got home only to find that several parts were missing and some of the parts that I had were not from my car.

Definately drive out and get your car and parts in person and pay close attention to detail!

That gets my vote. This way you can even drive the car for a hundred or so miles then load it up on the trailer for the rest of the ride home.

Steve

Keep in mind, there's a break in routine for the new gears though. Drive 25 miles, sit for and hour. Drive another 25, sit. Drive another 25, sit.

:shift:

Keep in mind, there's a break in routine for the new gears though. Drive 25 miles, sit for and hour. Drive another 25, sit. Drive another 25, sit.

:shift:

Yeah I am going to break it in, in Vegas on thursday, drive home friday. So i decided to drive her home. Unfortunately I do not have a trailer that can accommodate my car, but thanks for the good idea. Thanks for the heads up GT500forme, I will go through every thing before i sign on the doted line. MustBD2 has your car arrived?

Yeah I am going to break it in, in Vegas on thursday, drive home friday. So i decided to drive her home. Unfortunately I do not have a trailer that can accommodate my car, but thanks for the good idea. Thanks for the heads up GT500forme, I will go through every thing before i sign on the doted line. MustBD2 has your car arrived?

She arrived home safely yesterday! What an amazing car!!! You're gonna love it when you get yours.

Archived