TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm finally getting a GT500.

Well after 3 year since the release of the GT500, I am finally getting mine. :happy feet: :drool: I will pickup the car today 09 red with white stipes stock. The car is slightly used only 1100 miles on the Odometer but runs, feels and looks new. I had one concern though...When signing all the documents, there is one form that the dealer needs me to sign. Its called the "No warranty Form" Basically its saying that the car is being sold AS-IS without warranty and I agree with the terms. This has me a little confused because i thought these cars had 3 years or 36,000 miles factory warranty...

Does anyone know if the car will or will not have the factory warranty when i purchase it?

Thank you!

Greg

With all the issues w/ the cluth and tranny, Iwould definately check into that. It may not be a xferable warranty from the original owner.

I would think that it would be covered under the standard warranty though 3/36 and 60 on the powertrain, or so I think.

With all the issues w/ the cluth and tranny, Iwould definately check into that. It may not be a xferable warranty from the original owner.

I would think that it would be covered under the standard warranty though 3/36 and 60 on the powertrain, or so I think.

How can I make sure that it's not transferable? The dealer said that it is but I just want to make sure...is there a number to call and verify? Also I have heard about the clutch and tranny problems...My build date was 8/27/08. Thanks..

How can I make sure that it's not transferable? The dealer said that it is but I just want to make sure...is there a number to call and verify? Also I have heard about the clutch and tranny problems...My build date was 8/27/08. Thanks..

Are you buying it from a Ford dealer or another car lot. I've seen them say they dont offer a warranty but the factory one is still good. Any Ford dealer should be able to check that.

Factory warranty should still be in effect. Check with local Ford dealer and have them confirm. You will need VIN#.

Congrats on the new car. Enjoy her.

Well after 3 year since the release of the GT500, I am finally getting mine. :happy feet: :drool: I will pickup the car today 09 red with white stipes stock. The car is slightly used only 1100 miles on the Odometer but runs, feels and looks new. I had one concern though...When signing all the documents, there is one form that the dealer needs me to sign. Its called the "No warranty Form" Basically its saying that the car is being sold AS-IS without warranty and I agree with the terms. This has me a little confused because i thought these cars had 3 years or 36,000 miles factory warranty...

Does anyone know if the car will or will not have the factory warranty when i purchase it?

Thank you!

Greg

Definitely confirm the warranty through Ford. The last thing you want is your new hot rod turning into a major headache if/when you ever have something go wrong with it. For example... the clutch :lurk:

That's a good build date. You have all the new revised parts. :happy feet:

See this thread for info.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=35706&hl=

Give me a call i can help you out with whatever you might want to do to your new gt500. Ask for kent

Thanks guys. I appreciate all your help. I just called my local dealer and said that I do have the factory warranty on my Shelby. 36000\3 year and 5 year warranty.

I have a couple of questions though it may sound kind of silly.

1. What is the little black colored round device that is located on the trunk of the car with the wire running through it? I noticed that someone actually painted it over with some cheap paint to match the Torch Red Exterior Color after I bought it. I am lookin to have it replaced or repainted over because it looks very tacky and cheap. Can the dealer actually replace it?

2. Also the phone button...What is the reason for it? I heard its actually a mute button for the radio :headscratch:

Thanks

Thanks guys. I appreciate all your help. I just called my local dealer and said that I do have the factory warranty on my Shelby. 36000\3 year and 5 year warranty.

I have a couple of questions though it may sound kind of silly.

1. What is the little black colored round device that is located on the trunk of the car with the wire running through it? I noticed that someone actually painted it over with some cheap paint to match the Torch Red Exterior Color after I bought it. I am lookin to have it replaced or repainted over because it looks very tacky and cheap. Can the dealer actually replace it?

2. Also the phone button...What is the reason for it? I heard its actually a mute button for the radio :headscratch:

Thanks

The round device is the satellite antenna. I can't remember the exact wording, but the owners manual basically states that phone button doesn't do anything. I think it is for a future bluetooth option. My car looks like it has a location for a microphone next to the map light as well. Good luck with the car.

The round device is the satellite antenna. I can't remember the exact wording, but the owners manual basically states that phone button doesn't do anything. I think it is for a future bluetooth option. My car looks like it has a location for a microphone next to the map light as well. Good luck with the car.

Yessirrr the black blob on the trunk is for the Sirius.

When I first picked up the car I was excited about the "phone" option too... until I found out that the display was used in other vehicles (where it was offered). For some reason... they did not follow through with making that work...

Yessirrr the black blob on the trunk is for the Sirius.

When I first picked up the car I was excited about the "phone" option too... until I found out that the display was used in other vehicles (where it was offered). For some reason... they did not follow through with making that work...

I actually have the bluetooth connection in mine. The phone button is to turn it on/off and for volume control etc. 2 problems exist with it. It sounds great in the car but the person on the other end of the connection tells me it sounds like I am talking in a tin can. Very hollow and echoes. The second problem is if I do not have my cell with me or shut it off, the bluetooth keeps searching for another connection and will interrupt the radio/CD or Satellite for approx. 10 seconds at a time every 2 to 3 minutes when another bluetooth connection is near by. At least that is what the dealer is telling me is the problem. As long as I have my phone it does not happen. I'm actually thinking about having it removed and having the DC plug put back in.

Archived